Rhode Island School of Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rhode Island School of Design

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rhode Island School of Design.

Interview

There was no interview. I submitted the application online and then was paired with one class to be the TA. It was very quick. It's not really position that would require interview.

Interview Questions

Monitor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rhode Island School of Design (Providence, RI) in September 2015.

Interview

none there was no interview questions, you get to be a monitor after your sophomore year of RISD and you all have a group meeting and an info session and from there you lean what you need to do while you monitor.

Negotiation

none

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rhode Island School of Design.

Interview

HR representative called me for the initial phone interview. After the morning phone interview, I was contacted in the afternoon to make arrangements to come to campus the next week. I rearranged my schedule to be available for three days to fly out there, interview for a full day, and fly home.

I had eight short sessions during my interviews. That was fine. They filled up any downtime by showing me around campus, which usually would be fine but it was a very hot and humid day and of course I was in full suit, so I was very uncomfortable.

They told me their timeline was two - three weeks to make a decision. I didn't receive a response to my follow-ups and haven't heard from them since.

Maybe they decided I was a bad fit, but I do expect to be communicated with even if I'm being turned down for a position.

Interview Questions

• An interviewer asked how I would take over projects from someone who was unwilling to hand them over, and was pretty obvious she was talking about someone I had interviewed with earlier. It was a very odd moment.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rhode Island School of Design (Providence, RI) in October 2010.

Interview

I heard of openings and met with the person hiring at the admissions office. She was able to work out a schedule with me immediately, there was no formal interview.

CSI Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rhode Island School of Design (Providence, RI) in August 2010.

Interview

Very basic interview process.