Rice University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rice University Interview Questions

3.4

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX).

Interview

To get the job at Rice university I went through a staffing agency. The recruiter from the staffing agency called me and had advised me that my skill set matched the qualifications for the job at Rice University.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Intensive interview process that included four rounds over a period of 4 weeks:
    (1) Initial Phone Screening
    (2) Casual Meeting with Team Members
    (3) Formal In-person Panel Interview (lasting 3 hours, met with a total of 9 people)
    (4) Phone Interview with Executive Member

This was one of the most intensive interviews of my life. It seemed that I was interviewing for a C-level position (I was not). I was disappointed not to receive an offer, as I was under the impression that I was the first choice. The position was offered to someone whose education was slightly more in line with the role. I would have preferred to spend a little less time in the interview process, but I also learned quite a bit during each round.

Interview Questions

• What is your preferred management style?   1 Answer

Recruiter Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rice University.

Interview

Called by their HR dept for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted less than 10 mins. All the questions were negative and no amount of practice could of prepared you for this interview. At one point, I heard the interviewer sigh with disapproval when she asked me about the salary (keep in mind the application asked for my salary expectations so I don't understand why it was such a surprise to her). After the interview was done, was told I would hear about the next steps.

Interview Questions

• This is exactly the order of negative questions I was asked: 1. Why are you leaving your current employer? 2. Salary expectations 3. Your weakness (never asked about my strengths) 4. Name one thing you don't like about your job and etc.......   Answer Question

Tour Guide Interview

Interview

Turn in application. Everyone accepted for the next round interviews on the same day, 4 days later, in 15 minute intervals. Learned whether you are accepted by the next week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If your group contains students from every division, how do you fit all of their department building locations on the same tour.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a phone interview with them and they promised to let me know the outcome. Unfortunately no one contacted me to at least inform that they are not interested in the second interview. It is a courtesy and I was expecting a better interview experience at Rice.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Asked me some simple puzzles. Could answer them. Then went on to ask about C, C++ programming. Asked some behavorial questions about dealing with people and conflicting situations. Was able to answer well. Finally there were questions about the alary compensation expected and about relocation , if required. Also asked if travel was not an issue.