Rice University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rice University Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2017

2.8

PhD Candidate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rice University.

Interview

Meet with professor and talk about your past research experiences and what their type of research includes and involves. Was very casual and inviting. Also met with other graduate students.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rice University.

Interview

I had a skype interview. It was brief. We talked about my research and some of my technical stuff. It wasn't hard. Just a matter of getting to know each other

Interview Questions

• Programming languages I know.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Skype interview ask me whether and when I can come, do not have the Q&A session, the HM is very busy. Was told the salary is not high and he need some time to make a deicision

Office Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX).

Interview

Long interview process. First I had a phone interview, then took a skills test in person, then a panel interview which lasted about 2-3 hours total meeting back to back with different groups. They are also very strict about getting all 3 full references so that adds to the time the process takes. Overall now that I've been working there, I'm surprised they went through all this for the position I'm in. It's a very simple repetitive position that they could really hire a high school student for. I feel like I could do the job with my eyes closed. Not the job for someone with a degree and several years experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked general questions about me personally and why I was interested in working there. Also some basic questions about what I did at previous jobs. Despite the long process the interview, the questions aren't structured at all.   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rice University.

Interview

Sat in front of a panel of about 8 department members. They asked a lot of questions, mostly repetitive. All questions were related o the job, but vague. Job was a bit more glorified in the interview than what it actually is...

Interview Questions

• How would I handle multiple members asking for tasks done ASAP?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rice University.

Interview

My potential advisor gave me a phone interview. She asked me some questions related to my research experience in my old university. She also asked me to tell her about what I did in the project, what role did I play, what results did I get. She also told me about the department.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX).

Interview

To get the job at Rice university I went through a staffing agency. The recruiter from the staffing agency called me and had advised me that my skill set matched the qualifications for the job at Rice University.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rice University in January 2016.

Interview

Very little structure to the interview, not much information provided without having to drag it out with multiple questions, overall seemed disorganized. Didn't get really get a feel for the culture of the group or a good sense of how they work together despite asking many questions on the subject

Interview Questions

Benefits weren't great, didn't see a lot of diversity in the particular department

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

This is your chance to show how much you know about this school, and how well you fit. A detailed and thoughtful response demonstrates you cared enough to research the department of your choice in advance. If you’re super stoked on the school, by all means, express it, but stop short of sucking up. And if you’re not that stoked on the school, but it’s your only option for financial or convenience reasons, you better think of a reason to get excited about it – fast.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted via phone where management described the position and responsibilities of the marketing intern and if I was interested. A couple of weeks later, I came into the office and for a face to face interview. The atmosphere was conversational, very comfortable. We went over my resume and what I was looking for and I was asked basic behavioral interview questions. Not intimidating at all.