Rice University Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rice University Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rice University.

Interview

I had a skype interview. It was brief. We talked about my research and some of my technical stuff. It wasn't hard. Just a matter of getting to know each other

Interview Questions

• Programming languages I know.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rice University

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rice University.

Interview

phone interview with the PI of interest, technical questions. Be prepared to answer questions about your phd research in detail. They may be couple behavioral questions and future career plans questions

Interview Questions

• usual technical questions about research expertise   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

E-mailed the professor I wanted to work with. Scheduled an interview which consisted of a 1-hour presentation with lots of questions and a 1-on-1 talk with the professor. Met a few of the lab members.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told him what the NIH recommends for a beginning Postdoc. He agreed to the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. It includes meeting with lab members, supervisor, discussing the proposed project that you work on etc. We had a lunch with lab members and dinner. I presented my past research. Then I needed to wait couple more weeks to hear from the faculty who interviewed me. I negotiated the salary but it was fixed and nothing has changed from the initial offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rice University (Houston, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

There was alot of time in between the phone interview, the face-to-face and offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but I was offered the highest pay for the position.

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rice University (Seoul (South Korea)) in June 2011.

Interview

There was basically no interview. The Pi approach me during a conference and asked me to join his group as a post doc. I had to submit two recommendation letters and my cv to validate "formally" the application.