Richmond American Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Richmond American Homes Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Since I knew someone in the company, it was a little different than the norm, but i met with manager and they asked me about myself and explained the job obligations and compensation structure.

Interview Questions

• what are 4 qualities that describe who you are as a person?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the most difficult part of this job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you are qualified?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time you could not close a deal?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Interview

Recruiter called and went over the general job information; pay, benefits and schedule. Attempted to set up an interview with the Sales Manager for the next day, that fell through and didn't hear from them for a week. Very fast paced call with the manager.

Sales Associate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter 1 week after I submitted application. Brief phone interview about my experience and why I want to work for Richmond. Went to corporate for a "group" interview with 8 candidates. Filled out a questionnaire and had to sell a product with a partner, that's it. Took a personality assessment the next day and received an email a week later saying they went ahead with someone else. Wasn't very personal and seemed rushed, like they didn't care.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

I started the interview process with an HR interview and then a corporate interview and, finally, a divisional interview. All interviews were handled professionally and I was able to obtain a lot of information about the company and position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my past work experience. I wasn't given difficult questions.   Answer Question

General Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO).

Interview

I received a call from someone in HR who knew very little about the position. She said "the team will better answer" to the simplest of questions. Phone call took about 20 minutes. I then received a call to interview in person that week. The day of I got a short email saying my interviewer had to push back the meeting. Since I work I can't always check my phone, a phone call/voice message would have been the best way to notify someone of this. I went in for the interview with 2 managers and was surprised when there were 4 people sitting in the room. Had I known it was a panel interview I would have prepared more, and more questions for all to answer. The interview was very short, 40 minutes long. With irrelevant questions. I got the hint that they hadn't interviewed candidates before. With no system to questions, they kept interrupting each other. All but 1 interviewer seemed disinterested. It was difficult to stay energized when the vibe in the room was dull and all 3 interviewers looked bored and distant. It has been 4 weeks and no one has answered my follow up emails. The position title is much better than the actual job. The actual job is a glorified admin assistant who travels to all their properties, doing the grunt work of a few teams. After the unprofessional ways of the interview process I feel a little relieved that I dodged a bullet. High turnover in any company is a bad sign.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your work at X will help in this role (job X from 6 years ago).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from the parent company MDC Holdings. She did a phone interview with me. Once i passed that, they brought me in for a formal interview. I interviewed with two of the division managers for CO.

New Home Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Irvine, CA).

Interview

One interview, Standard questions and length of time, Met at corporate office in Irvine, be sure to ask specific if you are being hired as junior agent in training or sales associate. They seem to not have a standard procedure for this. Junior agents do not receive standard commissions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Interview

They Call you and ask qualifing questions(will you work weekends, how much money do you want to make, etc). It's about a 10 min conversation. Then call you in for a face to face at the headquarters in DTC, then you take an assessment at home and submit it with all background check and references.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to sell new homes? How much money do you want to make? Are you okay working every weekend?   Answer Question

Inside Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suisun City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Suisun City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with the division president and sales manager. We had a nice lunch during the interview. I then met with current loan officer and discussed duties and particulars. I was told the next step would be a call from the Hiring Manager. I followed up with a thank you email. After 3 weeks, no one has called me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with home builders? Is the approximately 1 hour commute going to work for you?   1 Answer

New Home Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. Had a phone interview the following day.

Interview

I met with the division vice president and sales manager. I was told the next step would be a call from the Hiring Manager. I followed up with a thank you email. After 2 weeks, no one has called me

Interview Questions

• They seemed more interested in the current builder I was working for, rather than my skills.   Answer Question