Richmond American Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2018

2.5

Associate Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2018.

Interview

Interviewed with HG Manager and Division President.Talked about the city and the projects that are in the future of Richmond American. Also talked about me and my life as well as the Division President and getting to know her.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific as I have been working with other builders in Las Vegas   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

The first contact was scheduled by a recruiter for a phone interview. Once you passed that stage a personality test was emailed for you to take. The final stage is a one on one was with a Sales Manager. Within a few days the recruiter calls you back with the good or bad news.

Interview Questions

• How do you sell against the competition when they are priced lower and have higher incentives?   1 Answer

New Home Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

I was very comfortable during the interview process. This was my first group interview and I didn't know what to expect. I could tell I liked the management and wanted to work for the company right away.

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suisun City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Suisun City, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I filled out the application on line and sent my resume to a friend currently working at Richmond American Homes. Within a few days I had a phone interview and an in person interview a few days after that. After the in person interview I received a call within 4 hours asking me to go in for a drug test and get my back ground check completed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past? What is your weakness?   1 Answer

Architectural Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Englewood, CO) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied for the position and I heard back from the recruiter about the next steps, then I did a quick phone interview and then came in for the real interview. After that I did the background and drug test and then after a few weeks I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about the position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Interview

I was interviewed thoroughly by the division president and another supervisor. They asked me several questions via a skype call. The questions they asked were similar to those of other job interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

submitted application online through indeed, answered questions via a phone interview from the recruiter in corporate office, went for a group interview locally with the sales manager and sales VP, then one on one interview locally with the sales manager and sales VP

Home Care Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2017.

Interview

It took a while, a month or two after filling out the application I was called in for an interview and hired several days later. The interview was not very long but the hiring manager asked many questions to ensure I was the right fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• My long term goal and hopes to grow in the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Kent, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I had 3 interviews with the sales manager and division sales manager over a 2 month period. I would of been hired sooner but they were waiting for new communities to open up. They were very upfront and honest about the job and the compensation. They told me of the 6-8 month build time so the first year can be challenging financially. After that 1st year, you can make a great living working for Richmond.

Interview Questions

• How much money I hoped to make.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes in September 2017.

Interview

I actually never received a call after I followed ho three times to get scheduled for an interview, the manager never called at interview time or sent an email to reschedule.