Richmond American Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2018

2.5

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

I started the interview process with an HR interview and then a corporate interview and, finally, a divisional interview. All interviews were handled professionally and I was able to obtain a lot of information about the company and position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my past work experience. I wasn't given difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior CopyWriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and the interview was informative. However, after the interview, although I attempted to contact the interviewer via email, I never received any follow-up response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult project you've worked on, and what outcome was.   13 Answers

Architectural Drafting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes in February 2009.

Interview

I was contacted and pre-interviewed by a Richmond recruiter for a drafting position. She then passed my resume on to the department that was hiring. After a few days they called me to come in to interview with the department heads. There were 2 of them that I sat down in the interview with. They were pleasant and did not ask any crazy questions. The questions were all related to the position they were filling. One note is the recruiter said the job required some communication with outside contractors, etc., but the department heads said it was basically a strictly drafting position.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received subsequent phone call from a recruiter. It was a phone interview,,,relatively boiler plate..The interviewer turnout to be feckless and no help in getting to a real decision maker. Maybe the times have changed and 3rd year recruiters now make hiring decisions on top level sells people. It is extremely frustrating to put your career in the hands of a novice who has never sold a egg biscuit.

Interview Questions

• What sells training do you embrace?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2010.

Interview

Two interviews - one with sales management and the other with the Division President. Be prepared to answer detailed questions describing how you handled difficult situations in previous positions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult situation you've had while working that you were not able to resolve and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Escrow Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Irvine, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Someone in the closing department called me to schedule interview. There was no phone interview. I arrived and was asked questions by both the current escrow coordinator who was transferring and the escrow manager who would be direct supervisor. The questions were random and the discussion was mostly about her commute and other topics but not the job itself. Questions I asked were answered but not with detail. I got the feeling that they had an internal applicant selected and only advertised and interviewed to comply with company policy. I was extremely well qualified for the position and knew when I left that I would never hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• I like my lot files to be perfect and stacked in identical order at all times. How would you ensure that would occur?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes in September 2017.

Interview

I actually never received a call after I followed ho three times to get scheduled for an interview, the manager never called at interview time or sent an email to reschedule.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Since I knew someone in the company, it was a little different than the norm, but i met with manager and they asked me about myself and explained the job obligations and compensation structure.

Interview Questions

• what are 4 qualities that describe who you are as a person?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the most difficult part of this job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you are qualified?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time you could not close a deal?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Interview

Recruiter called and went over the general job information; pay, benefits and schedule. Attempted to set up an interview with the Sales Manager for the next day, that fell through and didn't hear from them for a week. Very fast paced call with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

Intense Process, but fun! The Management team is looking for lifers, so this is not a process you will want to begin if you are just looking for something for a few years.