Richmond American Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Richmond American Homes Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Interview

I was interviewed thoroughly by the division president and another supervisor. They asked me several questions via a skype call. The questions they asked were similar to those of other job interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes in September 2017.

Interview

I actually never received a call after I followed ho three times to get scheduled for an interview, the manager never called at interview time or sent an email to reschedule.

Tax Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Englewood, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

The current team is small - 2 people in upper management. I interviewed with the Tax Director and Financial Controller. I believe the tax practice is not looking for growth in numbers as much as its trying to plan its succession.

Interview Questions

• What relevant sales and use and property tax experience do you have?   Answer Question

Design Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Absolutely terrible follow up... Unclear on exact intentions. I had to persist with follow up and never received final answer regarding position over 30 days after actual interview. The hiring manager didn't even have the proactive courtesy to advise that she was going on vacation... While having told me they were looking to fill position immediately

Interview Questions

• Please explain you past work history with production home builders   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received subsequent phone call from a recruiter. It was a phone interview,,,relatively boiler plate..The interviewer turnout to be feckless and no help in getting to a real decision maker. Maybe the times have changed and 3rd year recruiters now make hiring decisions on top level sells people. It is extremely frustrating to put your career in the hands of a novice who has never sold a egg biscuit.

Interview Questions

• What sells training do you embrace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Since I knew someone in the company, it was a little different than the norm, but i met with manager and they asked me about myself and explained the job obligations and compensation structure.

Interview Questions

• what are 4 qualities that describe who you are as a person?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the most difficult part of this job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think you are qualified?   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of a time you could not close a deal?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes.

Interview

Recruiter called and went over the general job information; pay, benefits and schedule. Attempted to set up an interview with the Sales Manager for the next day, that fell through and didn't hear from them for a week. Very fast paced call with the manager.

Sales Associate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Denver, CO).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter 1 week after I submitted application. Brief phone interview about my experience and why I want to work for Richmond. Went to corporate for a "group" interview with 8 candidates. Filled out a questionnaire and had to sell a product with a partner, that's it. Took a personality assessment the next day and received an email a week later saying they went ahead with someone else. Wasn't very personal and seemed rushed, like they didn't care.

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

I started the interview process with an HR interview and then a corporate interview and, finally, a divisional interview. All interviews were handled professionally and I was able to obtain a lot of information about the company and position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my past work experience. I wasn't given difficult questions.   Answer Question

General Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Richmond American Homes (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO).

Interview

I received a call from someone in HR who knew very little about the position. She said "the team will better answer" to the simplest of questions. Phone call took about 20 minutes. I then received a call to interview in person that week. The day of I got a short email saying my interviewer had to push back the meeting. Since I work I can't always check my phone, a phone call/voice message would have been the best way to notify someone of this. I went in for the interview with 2 managers and was surprised when there were 4 people sitting in the room. Had I known it was a panel interview I would have prepared more, and more questions for all to answer. The interview was very short, 40 minutes long. With irrelevant questions. I got the hint that they hadn't interviewed candidates before. With no system to questions, they kept interrupting each other. All but 1 interviewer seemed disinterested. It was difficult to stay energized when the vibe in the room was dull and all 3 interviewers looked bored and distant. It has been 4 weeks and no one has answered my follow up emails. The position title is much better than the actual job. The actual job is a glorified admin assistant who travels to all their properties, doing the grunt work of a few teams. After the unprofessional ways of the interview process I feel a little relieved that I dodged a bullet. High turnover in any company is a bad sign.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your work at X will help in this role (job X from 6 years ago).   Answer Question