Ricky's Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Ricky's Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 9, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY).

Interview

Received a reply maybe a month after I applied. The first interview process was straight forward.
    Some tips
    -Name 15 products/brand they sell
    -Give compliments
    - Use real life situations
    -Don't oversell yourself
    -Stay confident

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY).

Interview

It was any typical interview process. I submitted my resume to their careers email inbox. An Human Resources employee contacted me for a prescreen interview by phone. I passed the round. Then I was invited for a second interview and it was for an in person interview with a store manager at one of the store locations in Manhattan. The store manager I met was pretty friendly and professional. I was told to hear back within a week or so.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

They asked me questions about what I know about HR, why I want to go into HR and what it is that I think I will be doing during my internship. It was not very difficult.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was very brief and easy. Just be yourself. If you carry yourself at a professional level, you will most likely be hired. Don't suck up to corporate because they notice what you are doing and debate whether your actually capable of working with the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself within the company in 10 years.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. They have the same questions for everyone and they write your answers down. All the questions relate to your past job experience(s). Just tell them what they wanna hear and be upbeat and positive. I had two interviews, one with the hr manager then the next day with a district manager. Like I said same set of questions for both. I aced both interviews with the second one being on a Thursday. Orientation was Friday and I started work Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day at your last job? What were your responsibilities and how did you make sure you got them done   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview process was actually very smooth and simple, after two interviews I had a job offer and started the following week. The background check only took a few days, the benefits were explained clearly and training was less than a week. (I personally feel it should be longer.) For management you will generally interview with HR and then have a follow up with the Director of store operations who can be pleasant when the mood strikes her.

Interview Questions

• Questions are pretty standard, at the time they were very customer service focused.   1 Answer

Distrbution Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Fairly simple question and the answer don't have to be complicated, simply state why you are there and what skills will benefit the company. Dress to impress but keep it casual enough(Their is no need for a blazer. This is a retail position). You's be asked question on certain situation on how you would handle a difficult customer or miscommunication among co-worker and superiors.

Interview Questions

• In the situation that you have a difficult customer who isn't sure of what they want, how would you proceed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I walked into Ricky's to get an application to apply. The manager told me that I could fill it out in the front of the store and to let him know when I was done. I filled out the application and the manager escorted me to the back of the store. He told me to sit down because he was giving me an on the spot interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and we went over the questions in my application and other questions he had.

Interview Questions

• If hired, what would you do to make this store better?   Answer Question

I was about to move

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Received a call back pretty quickly after I applied. Went through a little phone screening with HR then got asked to come in for an interview. The HR manager liked me and invited me to do a second interview with the Store Manager at a prospective store; they loved me and within a day I was offered the position.

Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ricky's (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

The person I was supposed to interview with never showed or was unavailable. I ended up meeting another individual who wasn't prepared to meet with me but was able to have a nice conversation and review my background as well as theirs. it was very casual interview. I wrote a thank you note but never even heard back to even say I didnt get the job. i thought it was very unprofessional to have interviews scheduled snd the person not show up and then dont even send a letter or anything saying hou did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Very casual basically just asked to discuss my background.   Answer Question