RightScale Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at RightScale

3.2

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RightScale (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2018.

Interview

wasn't actually sure about the entire interview process as the recruiter didnt tell me until I noticed she said she was gonna set me up with the CTO. Looking from the beginning to that point, it was an initial hackerrank, recruiter call, 2 calls with engineering higher ups, recruiter call, tech interview with writing code over the internet and a few trivia questions of which some were def not CS fundamentals, and two final calls with engineering higher ups the last one being the CTO. For the two final calls, they ask random trivia tech questions, so need to be prepared via your typical cracking the coding interview book. I was a little taken a back by the two final calls as I had questions on topics I had rarely ever got asked before, OOP design patterns and an OS design question. Usually for design questions, you more often than not get asked how would you approach this question with regards to making classes, not how would you build this system. I wish I had taken the OS and distributed systems electives we had in college. It's a shame that the CTO was asking if I had distributed systems experience as I assumed the role I was applying to was a general software role. In retrospect, upon getting some trivia questions that were outside of what companies would call CS fundamentals during the coding interview, I should've taken that as a hint that I wasn't a good fit. Was really hoping despite that though I could still try to move onto the next interview cause of how great rightscale seems. regardless though, I enjoyed meeting everyone and still believe RightScale is a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• do you have any distributed systems experience? what is singleton (OOP design pattern)? if you were to build a product like tinyurl, how would you approach this?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a positive experience applying at RightScale. The process lasted a couple of weeks. Emails were answered promptly, phone interviews were on time, and everyone I interacted with was very friendly. I was not presented with any trick questions or otherwise unreasonable requests. I was shown around the office and met several employees during an onsite interview, and I was left with the impression that it is a very pleasant place to work.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a program to count all the semi-prime numbers between 1 and some number N?   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for sharing. We are thrilled you had a positive experience interviewing at RightScale, and hope to stay in touch for future openings.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RightScale in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. They sent me an online test. After the test I got an email saying the HR wanted to arrange a call with the team. They got my details of my current internship and that it was on the east coast. After the call they arrange an onsite, but when the team comes to know that I am on the east coast, they change their mind and take a video interview. The video interview went well, but then they asked me to give a reference of my current company, which I was obviously not comfortable sharing. So I gave them other references. After 2 weeks I get a call that we cannot move forward. They just gave reasons for a rejection which were not convincing at all. Highly unethical to ask for a reference of the current company

Interview Questions

RightScale Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

We are sorry to hear you didn't have a good experience. The decisions we have to make are not always easy and are based on a number of factors, but we strive to make this a positive and painless process and we apologize for missing the mark here. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for taking the time with us.

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RightScale (Santa Barbara, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a "next steps" email and arranged a phone screening. Waited an hour at the appointment time and no call came. Sent an email to reschedule and got no response.

Dec 15, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. I am incredibly sorry for the poor communication on our side. We strive to have a great candidate experience for all and really fell short here. If you would be open to it, please email recruiting@rightscale.com and we can try and right our wrong.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RightScale (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Applied through online application
    Friend referred me to recruiter
    Recruiter interviewed me over the phone and then set up interview with hiring manager
    Had 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager
    Had 3 hour on-premise interview with 3 different current employees
    Got the job

Interview Questions

• 1 - Why a career in sales?
      2 - Do you have experience with consultative selling?
      3 - Do you have experience with CRMs like SalesForce?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RightScale.

Interview

After contacting with the HR whom I met on the career fair, I received an email asking to take a coding exercise as the next step. The online test is about 70 minutes and supported by hacker rank.com. There are 2 coding exercises and 2 subjective questions. The test is not hard.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RightScale (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I first came across Rightscale at a career fair at UCSB. I submitted my resume and received a call about a week later to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview, there was an in office interview with 4-5 different people.

Both the phone and in person interview were very tough. The phone interview was about 30 minutes. They want to make sure you have done your research so make sure to understand the company, what they do and what will be expected in the role you are applying for. If you aren't familiar with what cloud portfolio management is, make sure you get a good grasp of what it is.

The in person interview consisted of role plays and different scenarios that you would have to address in the SDR role. Again, make sure to research the company very throuoghly. Have a general understanding of the products and services they provide because as mentioned you will be asked to do sales roleplays. Read the white papers and take a quick look at a webinar if you have a chance.

Though I did not end up getting the position, I am extremely happy I went in for an interview. I learned an incredible amount about the sales process and cycles from the interview. After each sales roleplay you get constructive cristism that really helps you improve.

The interview was about three hours, but I had a positive experience. The interview showed me that the company really cares about the growth and improvement of it's employees.

Interview Questions

• Role play: I am a prospect that is not aware of rightscales offerings   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RightScale.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. Phone screening went well so they asked me to come in for an onsite. This took 4 hours. I met with 5 different people and it took way too long. Expect multiple mock sales calls with the Sales Manager, who is extremely hard to read. Prepare lots of questions for them as many of them didn't come up with really any questions besides "why do you want to work here" and "give me a sales pitch". Really my only issue was that they took 4 hours to do what they could have done in 2.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RightScale.

Interview

Very quick contact after applying for position. Had a phone interview, then an in-person with three separate people, then skype interviews with other team members who are remote.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Very drawn out interview process. Mine consisted of three 1-hour informational interviews over coffee, followed by a full day loop of 9 back-to-back interviews in the office, then 2 follow-up phone interviews a couple days later. Others I spoke with had similar experiences, with one applicant going through 22 (not a typo) interviews.

The people are great and the interviews are fair - there are just a lot of them.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very straightforward. They are most interested in a cultural fit.   Answer Question