RightScale Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

3.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at RightScale

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RightScale (Ann Arbor, MI) in Mar 2018

Interview

wasn't actually sure about the entire interview process as the recruiter didnt tell me until I noticed she said she was gonna set me up with the CTO. Looking from the beginning to that point, it was an initial hackerrank, recruiter call, 2 calls with engineering higher ups, recruiter call, tech interview with writing code over the internet and a few trivia questions of which some were def not CS fundamentals, and two final calls with engineering higher ups the last one being the CTO. For the two final calls, they ask random trivia tech questions, so need to be prepared via your typical cracking the coding interview book. I was a little taken a back by the two final calls as I had questions on topics I had rarely ever got asked before, OOP design patterns and an OS design question. Usually for design questions, you more often than not get asked how would you approach this question with regards to making classes, not how would you build this system. I wish I had taken the OS and distributed systems electives we had in college. It's a shame that the CTO was asking if I had distributed systems experience as I assumed the role I was applying to was a general software role. In retrospect, upon getting some trivia questions that were outside of what companies would call CS fundamentals during the coding interview, I should've taken that as a hint that I wasn't a good fit. Was really hoping despite that though I could still try to move onto the next interview cause of how great rightscale seems. regardless though, I enjoyed meeting everyone and still believe RightScale is a great place to work.

Interview Questions
  • do you have any distributed systems experience? what is singleton (OOP design pattern)? if you were to build a product like tinyurl, how would you approach this?
    Answer Question

RightScale

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RightScale in Feb 2017

Interview

I applied online. They sent me an online test. After the test I got an email saying the HR wanted to arrange a call with the team. They got my details of my current internship and that it was on the east coast. After the call they arrange an onsite, but when the team comes to know that I am on the east coast, they change their mind and take a video interview. The video interview went well, but then they asked me to give a reference of my current company, which I was obviously not comfortable sharing. So I gave them other references. After 2 weeks I get a call that we cannot move forward. They just gave reasons for a rejection which were not convincing at all. Highly unethical to ask for a reference of the current company

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RightScale (Santa Barbara, CA) in Dec 2016

Interview

Applied online. Got a "next steps" email and arranged a phone screening. Waited an hour at the appointment time and no call came. Sent an email to reschedule and got no response.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RightScale (Santa Barbara, CA)

Interview

Applied through online application Friend referred me to recruiter Recruiter interviewed me over the phone and then set up interview with hiring manager Had 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager Had 3 hour on-premise interview with 3 different current employees Got the job

Interview Questions
  • 1 - Why a career in sales? 2 - Do you have experience with consultative selling? 3 - Do you have experience with CRMs like SalesForce?

RightScale

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RightScale

Interview

After contacting with the HR whom I met on the career fair, I received an email asking to take a coding exercise as the next step. The online test is about 70 minutes and supported by hacker rank.com. There are 2 coding exercises and 2 subjective questions. The test is not hard.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RightScale (Santa Barbara, CA) in Mar 2015

Interview

I first came across Rightscale at a career fair at UCSB. I submitted my resume and received a call about a week later to schedule a phone interview. After phone interview, there was an in office interview with 4-5 different people. Both the phone and in person interview were very tough. The phone interview was about 30 minutes. They want to make sure you have done your research so make sure to understand the company, what they do and what will be expected in the role you are applying for. If you aren't familiar with what cloud portfolio management is, make sure you get a good grasp of what it is. The in person interview consisted of role plays and different scenarios that you would have to address in the SDR role. Again, make sure to research the company very throuoghly. Have a general understanding of the products and services they provide because as mentioned you will be asked to do sales roleplays. Read the white papers and take a quick look at a webinar if you have a chance. Though I did not end up getting the position, I am extremely happy I went in for an interview. I learned an incredible amount about the sales process and cycles from the interview. After each sales roleplay you get constructive cristism that really helps you improve. The interview was about three hours, but I had a positive experience. The interview showed me that the company really cares about the growth and improvement of it's employees.

Interview Questions
  • Role play: I am a prospect that is not aware of rightscales offerings

RightScale

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RightScale

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. Phone screening went well so they asked me to come in for an onsite. This took 4 hours. I met with 5 different people and it took way too long. Expect multiple mock sales calls with the Sales Manager, who is extremely hard to read. Prepare lots of questions for them as many of them didn't come up with really any questions besides "why do you want to work here" and "give me a sales pitch". Really my only issue was that they took 4 hours to do what they could have done in 2.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

RightScale

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RightScale

Interview

Very quick contact after applying for position. Had a phone interview, then an in-person with three separate people, then skype interviews with other team members who are remote.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

RightScale

Application

I interviewed at RightScale

Interview

Very drawn out interview process. Mine consisted of three 1-hour informational interviews over coffee, followed by a full day loop of 9 back-to-back interviews in the office, then 2 follow-up phone interviews a couple days later. Others I spoke with had similar experiences, with one applicant going through 22 (not a typo) interviews. The people are great and the interviews are fair - there are just a lot of them.

Interview Questions
  • Most questions were very straightforward. They are most interested in a cultural fit.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in [location]

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at RightScale

Interview

I got contacted via LinkedIn by the hiring manager. The introduction was very professional but also very relaxed. She says whe'll hook me up with the manager and gave me pointers to review regarding the company, read the blog etc. I talked to my soon-to-be manager and he's very much easy to get along. He explained the process of the interview, there will be a technical exam, a few phone interviews from different department heads and a final panel interview with the VP. For the technical test, I was given a broken 3-tier system to fix or at least tell what's wrong with it. This is after all a cloud computing company. There is no right/wrong answer. The phone interview with different department heads and a member of the team went well but that took a while, around a week or two. For the panel interview, I was invited to attend a user conference where I got to meet the manager and the VP. The interview was very relax and it was not a very technical interview but more on how you respond to a situation. They were looking for somebody that can adapt to a fast pace world of cloud computing.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews