Rio Grande Interview Questions in Albuquerque, NM | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rio Grande

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Grande (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Extremely thorough to the point of it feeling like an inquisition. Over two different days and over five hours of in person interviews with new faces each time from various orgs. Having to explain every nuance of every answer to each person's satisfaction was exhausting. I had an easier, more streamlined and MUCH shorter and role-relevant interview for a nuclear lab job (which I GOT) that requires in-depth security investigations. This is a jewelry equipment company, not DOE, DOD or NASA or law enforcement. Keep it real, folks.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rio Grande (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2015.

Interview

First they do a background check and run you through two antiquated assessments meant to figure out if you are trustworthy and if you will fit their open/no manager/team-based culture. I will give more details on the 2 quizzes below but maybe they were high-tech 15 years ago, it wants you to use at least IE6 I think so, yeah, low tech, old school. They were pretty disorganized, I got a call a few days after I submitted my resume online and was told I would be contacted by HR the next day. Several days went by, I called back and somehow there was an issue so the had to re-do things and I finally got an email to allow a background check and take the assessments online.

After I took them I got an email saying they found a better candidate...which means I failed one or both of the assessments (see below) since the job was re-posted a couple weeks later. Then the next week they emailed me the exact same message. Seems like they are not very organized and like weird management styles and antiquated assessments.

Interview Questions

• Trust/Character Assessment... Similar questions asked in slightly different ways: Do you think it is ok to drink on the job, if you were caught stealing would you turn others in, if I just take a little item from work it is ok, etc...   1 Answer
    • Personality Assessment... questions trying to figure out if you are in introvert, extrovert, team player, loaner, etc... They say there are no wrong answers just answer truthfully.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Rio Grande (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Response to resume took about 6 months, required a personality test. Multiple long interviews with a surprisingly large group of people. Seemed like everyone felt like they had to ask a question, but weren't necessarily prepared, so most questions were not substantive.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were softballs: "Do you like working with others?", "How do you handle things when you have a different opinion than someone you're working with?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, negotiated somewhat

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rio Grande (Albuquerque, NM) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial communication with HR and front office was positive. HR blew me off when I asked to discuss multiple positions open, but I completed the assessments. Rather than calling me in for an interview they indicated that I wasn't a good fit, without any detail.

Interview Questions

• How would you characterize your management style?   1 Answer