Rio Tinto Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Interviews at Rio Tinto

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Connection made through former employer. 2 phone screenings and an in-person office interview. Interview was concerned with both cultural fit and technical knowledge. Employer clearly sought commitment to excellence as well as an ability to define an appropriate work/life balance. Overall, it was very apparent that employer understood the characteristics they were looking for.

Accounts Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (London, England (UK)).

Interview

No interview, just asked to start.

Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (London, England (UK)) in December 2009.

Interview

Phone interview to screen initial group of candidates followed by a 1:1 interview that was heavily competency based with several level of management in the relevant area. This was followed by further competency interviews with other managers is relevant groups, these focused on industry knowledge and depth of analysis. The interview lasted approximately 2 hours.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (London, England (UK)) in July 2011.

Interview

A recruiter introduced me to Rio Tinto. I applied in London. Interviewed also in London. I had three rounds of interviews with the head of the team and peers. Questions mainly about CV and prior experience. What you can contribute?

Financial Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy, basic questions about team work etc. Experience with systems and some specific questions relating to finance.

Corporate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rio Tinto (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Standard interview - competency based questions followed by technical interview, together with the usual "why do you want this job; what can you offer; why have you moved jobs in the past; talk us through your cv, type ones". Two interviews, with lawyers and with HR, followed by a meeting with the head of legal to confirm the appointment. Standard interview - competency based questions followed by technical interview, together with the usual "why do you want this job; what can you offer; why have you moved jobs in the past; talk us through your cv, type ones". Two interviews, with lawyers and with HR, followed by a meeting with the head of legal to confirm the appointment.