Riot Games Infrastructure Storage Engineering Architect Something Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Infrastructure Storage Engineering Architect Something Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I was cherrypicked on LinkedIn, to which I normally don't respond. However their InMail really intruiged me to thinking this company is something different. Within a few days I had a Skype interview with a few guys in the US. During that interview it was decided they wanted to have me over to Santa Monica for a day of interviews.

A few weeks later (but only because the holidays were in between) they flew me over. I got a day full of interviews, each 30 mins in duration. An intense process but at the same time a good chance for me to meet the people I could end up working with. Without exception all very smart, bright professionals I actually liked being around with. As if I was on my first working day at a new employer.

Question varied between indepth technical questions, intelligence questions and scenario type questions to illustrate your though process and capabilites to think out of the box (which actually I liked best). I lunched with a few of the guys that could become my future coworkers. A fast paced, intense experience.

I didn't get to talk to all people that would interview me, simply because the day was over in a whiff, and maybe many don't get that far during interview day. After I got home I still had a few remote interviews with one of their VP's and a director about my style of management, personal ambitions and some more topics. These interviews went well as well, and as said above felt like I was talking to coworkers already.

The day after the last interview I got an offer from them ( we never discussed salary or benefits before, but I always felt the salary part would work out well). Which I accepted.

Overall impression: these guys really want the best of the best, not only skill wise, but also personality wise. There has to be a definite click. They go to great lengths to find the people they need. An intense but fun experience. I felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

• I signed an NDA, which I will respect. However, be prepared for really unexpected scenario type questions. ;-)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no need to negotiate. I got a good offer, which I accepted.