Riot Games Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Riot Games Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2017

3.2

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview

I applied online (filled out some info and submitted resume and cover letter). They sent me a HackerRank challenge. It was 3 hours long and shortly after taking it they sent me an email that I had not passed.

Technology Leader Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riot Games in October 2017.

Interview

Speak with recruiter. Then one screen with senior person. Then a series of rounds ending with a site visit. Unclear of the specific role/responsibilities you are actually applying for.

Strategy Revenue Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games in October 2017.

Interview

3 interviews--two over the phone, 1 final interview on site. First interview focused on basic job fit and behavioral fit. 30 minute interview with the last couple minutes left to ask questions. Didn't make it past that so can't speak to the others.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games (Champaign, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online with a cover letter and resume. Some questions about what programming languages you know, and why you want to apply, etc. It was a rather quick response.

Interview Questions

• Don't want to give away but it was data structures Question   Answer Question

Informational Interview- Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Riot Games (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had the very lucky opportunity to interview a Rioter about the culture of Riot games and how they stay true to their company's mission. I can not thank this Rioter enough for taking the time out of his busy schedule to grab coffee and chat. This interview has confirmed with me the desire to apply for this great company. I hope the Recruiting Operations Specialist I interviewed knows that he is an amazing person that captures the true identity of the company. I was truly moved by unique stories of Riot's Legendary requests and how the entire company tries to give someone a legendary experience. I will use the information provided to me to help me apply in the near future. Thank you for the experience!

Interview Questions

Riot Games Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Spencer Grobe - Recruiting Operations Specialist

You're very generous with your thoughts! Thanks for taking a few moments to share your experience with Glassdoor!

NOC Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview

The interview process was very well organized and effective. Recruiter is really nice and works on scheduling very well. One thing is for sure, get to know the company before going into the interview. Received valuable feedback that helped me on future interviews.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Riot Games   1 Answer

Sep 25, 2017 – Spencer Grobe - Recruiting Operations Specialist

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the interview experience with us! If you have additional thoughts to share, I'd be happy to receive them at sgrobe@riotgames.com

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Interview

Had three interviews with riot. The last was with a girl who was rude, unprofessional, and seemed to be angry. At the end of the interview when she asked if I had questions for her I tried to be friendly and asked why she liked working at riot. She said, "that's a leading question, you shouldn't assume that I do like working here." Well based on her attitude during the whole call, I wouldn't want to be working near someone like her or someone who would act so unprofessional to a potential hire. And based on her words, not sure if I would want to work at a company with unhappy employees.

Interview Questions

• Time you made a mistake that was completely your fault. She didn't want to hear how I fixed the mistake, only what the mistake was   1 Answer

Sep 25, 2017 – Spencer Grobe - Recruiting Operations Specialist

I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us! Your experience is pretty alarming, and definitely not the kind our team wants to impart. I'd greatly value the chance to chat... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Riot Games in September 2017.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on linkedin and after a long chat told me he will forward my profile to the teams.

Then 1 week later he reached out and I got in contact with the team interested in me.

1st interview - Behavorial - 2 people just asked questions judging personality, giving scenarios and what challenges in face. After the interview I got a go ahead for the tech interview

2nd interview - Tech - I got an interview with a software developer and a senior member. The 1st 45 mins were just questions anything which comes to the mind, about hashmap, how data centres work, what i think happens when we put a URL in the browser, about HTTP requests.
    2nd 45 mins was a technical question, I solved it and covered the edge cases and the developer was satisfied.
    A day later, the manager told me I am not selected because I missed something in the tech interview.

It is a lot of excitement for software engineers because if you are passionate about games you will be excited but the process is a true time waste. You can invest your time and energy at any other and much better place IMO. Interview at a place where people hiring you know what they are doing.

Interview Questions

Riot Games Response

Oct 17, 2017 – Spencer Grobe - Recruiting Operations Specialist

I'm sorry to hear about the rough experience you faced here. I've documented this feedback for the team, and would be happy to hear any additional insights if you're willing to share them with me! If... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games in September 2017.

Interview

Was initially reached out for my application in Software Engineer. After a few weeks of communicating back and forth, I was sent to another recruiter for a more suitable role. I later found out that I was to be interviewing for a QA role. Ultimately I would have rather they given me notice through email instead of calling me with the expectation of interviewing for a SDE role.

They said that in order to be part of the software engineer roles there, a minimum of 5 years of experience was needed or having experience at the top 4 tech companies or other gaming companies. It was a let down cause it brought my hopes up but also because I rescheduled other interviews for this "opportunity".

Interview Questions

• Would you like to work QA instead of Software Development?   Answer Question

Sep 25, 2017 – Spencer Grobe - Recruiting Operations Specialist

I regret that you encountered a painful experience with us, but deeply appreciate the time you took to post your thoughts. I'd like to do what I can to improve our practices, so every bit of... More

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview

Interviewed for an international role. 6 months, 9 skype interviews, a full day interview panel in person, flew me out for a 8 1-hour back to back interviews with no breaks- not even lunch or the bathroom. They did a background check, contacted 4 references... and after being told yes at every single turn in the process, and assured this was the final step and good news coming- a process change. Now a committee in HQ would be making all final hiring decisions. So, after 17 Riot employees, in 4 regions, including the hiring manager and VP, gave me the green light- a faceless committee who had never spoken to me decided unilaterally that I wasn't qualified. This speaks volumes to a top-down corporate culture that undermines its own people, has zero consideration for candidates. I invested countless hours preparing, playing the game and in transit, worrying and waiting, only to be told that the hiring manager wants to hire you, but he's not allowed to.

Interview Questions

• What level are you? What are the biggest challenges facing the community? Lots of behavioral decision making questions.   Answer Question

Jul 13, 2017 – Spencer Grobe - Recruiting Operations Specialist

I'm deeply sorry that you experienced such a turbulent conclusion to your experience with us. If your time permits, I would like to hear more feedback so I can discuss your concerns with the... More