Rise Interactive Internet Marketing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rise Interactive Internet Marketing Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with an easy phone screening (why you're applying, your background, etc), as well as an online skills test. Skills test just requires grammar and plug-and-chug math using SEO concepts... even if you aren't familiar with SEO, you can mostly figure it out on the spot. After another phone interview (again, not too rigorous), you get invited to come into their Chicago office. If you're from out of town, they won't assist you financially or logistically with your visit. The final interview consists of back-to-back meetings with many members of management, which included a case study (you can't prepare for it), a deeper introduction to the role, and more "explain why digital media marketing"/"explain why Rise"/"talk about _____ on your resume". Everyone was pretty nice. They will assume you understand the basic ins and outs of digital media marketing even if you don't have experience, so be prepared for rapid fire acronyms and industry terms. When I asked for clarification, unknown acronyms were explained with more unknown acronyms (my resume made no effort to pretend that I had industry experience), which made me really uncomfortable asking the clarifying questions I needed to ask to understand the role. They gave me a tour, and got back to me shortly after with a rejection. I think it helps if you appear "thick skinned" and ready for a hard fast-paced environment, as well as more knowledgable about terminology (even if you clearly have no prior experience).

Interview Questions

• Why Rise Interactive as opposed to other Digital Media marketing agencies?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rise Interactive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Received online aptitude test after submit my application via company's career website, and then got a phone interview from Rise. The recruiter somehow sounds like she is reading a script.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Interview

After I sent in my application, I was contacted to take an analytical exam in which I needed to score 80% or better. After passing the exam, I was contacted for a phone interview. The next step was a Skype interview, then the third step was to go into the office for a third round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

1) Online Test on the Search Engine Optimization (not hard, just General Math and some SEO knowledge)
    2) Interview with an HR (very positive)
    3) Interview with a Senior Data Analyst (sometimes was hard to follow the loaded questions).
    Conclusion: they found a person who is a better fit

Interview Questions

• What I'd like to do in 10 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple: screening call, relativity easy test, onsite interview and then a job offer was made. The company is quickly hiring and is willing to hire people with no experience or knowledge about the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and within the next few days I received an email from HR requesting that I take an online assessment as the first part of the interview process. I was instructed that I needed an 80% or higher to be considered for a phone interview. I passed on the second try and scheduled a phone interview later that week. The interview was a fairly standard phone interview with basic questions about my background and how my skills pertained to the position. The recruiter was very easy to talk to and I felt that the interview went pretty well, however I was notified a few days later that they did not have a position for me at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used data to tell a story?   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview

The hr is very professional and nice. She asked me some questions based on my experience, for example what I did in one academic project, and what is the most difficult during the project.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview

Applied online and was prompted to take the pre-screening exam. The exam was 30 questions with an hour time limit - consisted mainly of basic algebra disguised as Internet Marketing word problems. I passed and was told they'd be in contact within three days. Two days later they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The first half of the phone interview was about my back ground and interests. The second half was made up of questions I was not anticipating so I was caught off guard. One very specific question about excel really bummed me out because I knew how to do what she was asking but I couldn't describe how to do it without having excel in front of me. The HR rep was very professional and even though I got rejected they provided me with quite a few resources to check out.

Interview Questions

• What function would you use to combine two sets of data?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

phone interview and 2 in-person interviews
    they were pretty basic and everyone was friendly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rise Interactive (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I took a test on excel & wrote a letter to the clients. It was fairly easy but was a little weird with the format to use formulas. I would suggest using formulas though, its a lot faster.

I passed that and had a phone interview.

They asked basic questions about my background and were interested in which of their products I was most interested in working with. I followed up a few days after the interview by asking another question. They answered as if I was a new applicant so I guess I didn't make the best impression and I also noticed they barely read my email, haha.