RiseSmart Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2018

2.7

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RiseSmart (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

The overall interview process was quasi-professional. Contacts with the initial screener were professional and cordial. Questions asked and information provided were clear, concise and informative.

The problem was the next step in the process. I received a phone call from the interviewer at the appointed time, only to find out that the interview needed to be re-scheduled because of the interviewer's need to finish another call with a person who was described as "verbose."

I agreed to rescheduling the appointment and providing availabilities, which I did immediately. I did not receive an immediate reply on scheduling and ended up having to contact to change availabilities. This seemed to elicit a reply. However, because of incomplete emails, I had to email for clarification a couple of times.

Finally, I did have an interview that seemed to go well. I did receive brief feedback on the results, and it was suggested that I might re-apply at a later time.

Overall, the process was demoralizing, and I came away with the impression of an organization that allows representatives who lack consistency and attention to detail. If I were to ever consider this company again, it would be based upon the screening interviewer's professionalism - a point that was well-lacking in the job interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked reasonable background questions relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Mar 16, 2018 – HR, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Glassdoor. We are always looking for ways to improve our processes. We strive to communicate with our applicants in a timely manner if there is a... More

Localization Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RiseSmart (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Friendly people, had an initial interview with recruiter and then with a person who would be a peer followed up with in house interviews with different people, some in person, some via Zoom. Everything went well in my opinion but then I have to continue the interview process with more phone interviews with someone who did not make the call the expected day. I think it is very rude to leave the person waiting and waiting and not explanation until I contacted the recruiter and also directly sent an email to the interviewer. They both apologized and as excuse said it was not accepted in the calendar for some reason. Then the same interview was re-scheduled for the following week but suddenly half an hour before got the message that the person was sick and that they were anyways busy with other interviewees. At this point I found that very ackward and that was a way to tell me I was not a desirable candidate. Then I asked the recruiter for a follow up the next week and I got an email with a 'we choose another candidate' canned message. I was very disappointed since this is after all a Human Capital kind of company and you would expect more 'human touch' in the interactions. They work in Outplacement but they left the very candidates without clue of what they did wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience managing localization projects   1 Answer

Nov 16, 2017 – HR, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Glassdoor. I appreciate your candor, as we are always looking for ways to improve our processes. We understand how stressful a job search can be... More

Field Sales Interview

Interview

I applied on 10/24/16 and got nothing but a generic email response on 3/8/17 - almost five months later. Terrible recruitment process. I Didn't receive a call, email, or notification at all from anyone.

Mar 10, 2017 – HR, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Glassdoor. We are always looking for ways to improve our processes. We strive to communicate with our applicants in a timely manner so they know... More

Executive Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RiseSmart.

Interview

Unprofessional, unreliable and rude. Transition Services Interviewer emailed 15 minutes after phone interview start time to ask if we could reschedule several weeks later. Same interviewer emailed 5 minutes after second scheduled interview to ask if we could reschedule several weeks later. I opted out of interview process at that point.
    (Glassdoor needs an OTHER option for candidates who decide not to interview and reasons for opting out - such as unprofessionalism on part of interviewer).

Interview Questions

• The interviewer rescheduled each phone interview several minutes after the interview was to begin.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at RiseSmart (San Jose, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 7 people and I followed up with all, including the hiring manager. He did not have the decency to respond to email or phone call. I was very impressed with the human resource executive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the right candidate for this job?   Answer Question

Jun 20, 2017 – HR, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Glassdoor. We are always looking for ways to improve our processes. I regret that you waited so long to let us know, as I would have liked to... More

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RiseSmart in July 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me followed with call from hiring manager. Another call was arranged with India office. Feedback was positive but I was constantly told that I am being considered. No updates until I followed up. The VP does not seem to be clear or timely in his communication with recruiter and I got the feeling that the recruiter was left high and dry.

Doesn;t look like they are following the right criteria or there is no clarity in what they are looking for. Would not recommend this place..

Interview Questions

• Technology at my current company and managing distributed teams.   Answer Question

Career Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RiseSmart (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Short 25 minute phone interview as first round and it was all really questions asked by me. First round phone is more about informing you of what process looks like.

Iphone Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RiseSmart in May 2016.

Interview

The worst interview ever had! Very rude interviewer, he does't show any respect to others. For the 30 mins interview, he was late for 15 minutes without ant notification. Then during the interview, he asked me a ig question, during my answering process, he rudely stoppedme then left!! Can you please consider other people 's time as important as yours?!

Interview Questions

• Tell me your company website and show me the product   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at RiseSmart.

Interview

It took nearly 6-8 weeks to complete the interview process with 5 different individuals (after applying 5 months prior). The 1st week i had 2 interviews, each with a team lead. Then it took a while to hear back and I was finally scheduled with another executive at the company. I followed up with thank you notes and then when I didn't hear back 1 week later, I sent a note and left a message for the team lead. They responded within 24-48 hours letting me know they were in the process of interviewing all applicants and would get back to me soon. Before I knew it, I finally was scheduled with the last 2 interviews...

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RiseSmart (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with top executive team along with the two ladies I worked with. 5 people total, with a initial telephone interview. It was a sit down with each exec at their corporate office.