Risk Management Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

3.1

Graduate Program - Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Hoboken, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty tight but laid back as each interviewer I interacted with were pretty cool and they make you feel comfortable. Although few others who applied at RMS were asked to complete an online assessment, I was directly called for onsite interview.

There were overall 5 rounds of interviews. 3 rounds focused on technical, behavioral and resume based, 1 was case study and the last round was a presentation on the topic you have to submit prior to the interview day. Presentation was conducted by marketing team at RMS and they seemed very interested in my presentation.

Within a week, I was informed the director at RMS would like to interact with me along with senior managers over phone. I was asked about my approach towards the job, technical abilities and other behavioral. I though I did pretty well.

In couple of days following my conversation with the director, I received a call from the recruiter and I was informed that I have not been selected.

The process was quite exhaustive as I had to compete with PhD candidates.

Interview Questions

• Resume based:
      Tell me about your projects at previous company or academic projects
      Why Naive Bayes (as it was mentioned in my resume)
      SQL queries
      Technical management questions such as test strategy, test plan

Behavioral questions:
      Conflict management and resolution
      Difficult situation
      What type of job would you be interested in and why
      Why RMS   Answer Question
    • Case Study: How many beer cans are sold in a week in NYC.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview

WORST COMPANY AND WORST HR DEPT.
    Applied through a referral and finished all the rounds of interview. All the while, communication with the recruiter was horrible. He used to send mail saying he would call and never call back. I have sent at least 3 mails and got no reply. Finally he made a verbal offer which I accepted. I declined other offers and since I wasn't local , made all apartment etc arrangements in the place to move. When I didn't get a written offer even after a week, I checked with the recruiter and he replied saying they made an offer to someone else !!!!! How can this happen? The least he could have done is sent a mail. He said he would call and explain and as expected never called back. This just goes to show that the company does not care about its employees and about the name and brand. Totally disappointed.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview

I applied online and then had a recorded video interview where I answered questions and I assume they reviewed the tapes as they came in. Then I was asked for an in-person interview and was flown to New Jersey. I interviewed with several people and gave a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Give a presentation where you are teaching someone something.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they assigned your salary based on education.

Grad Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The initial phase of the interview process was a simple video interview asking basic work situation questions . If you succeeded, they would fly you to their onsite location for a lengthy interview which comprised of a presentation, case study, and several interviews.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Hoboken, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather straightforward but took longer than necessary. Standard pre-screening, followed by several other calls, prior to an on-site interview. The on-site interview took an entire afternoon and involved meeting with 6 different people from various divisions of the company. Everyone was friendly and helpful, however, the position was put on hold after the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you maximize the amount of beer sold in the Greater NYC area?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 6 rounds in all, 1 round with Hiring Manager, 3 rounds telephonic lasting around an hour each, then again 1 round telephonic lasting around an hour, then 1 round in-person with Live POC demo

Interview Questions

• Java Collections, Threading, Framework design, DB Queries/Optimization, one POC on real life scenario which i guess one of the interview team members was worked on.   1 Answer

Modeler (Hydrology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was invited on site after online application. It was 4-4:30 hours process. I was mostly asked about what I have done, to find out which of the available positions will be a better fit for me. Most people I met were senior managers and VP level from various departments in molding group. I was asked to explain mostly what I have done during grad school. One or two questions about programming.

Model Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview

I got called for the onsite interview in California about two weeks after submitting the application. The interview was more of a conversation than a question and answer session. The ambience at RMS was great. The interviewers were very nice to talk to. I did not face any significant obstacles. I am still waiting for their response.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview

Came across the company on indeed career website, filled out the application and submitted my resume online. Process took about 2 weeks then they sent an email asking to complete a video interview. Have not heard anything since

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to search for businesses on yelp walk me through how you would choose a business.   Answer Question

New Graduate Training Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week for a video interview. Video interview was very basic and involved simple behavioral questions. About 2 weeks later I heard back about an onsite interview which involved one on one interviews, a presentation, and case study questions. The presentation was on a technical topic of your choice or on research that you were working on.

I was shown the conference room so I was not able to get a feel for the work environment. The people I interviewed with were extremely intelligent, but did not seem to be too passionate about their job. They were extremely slow on getting back to me with whether they were going to move forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked computer algorithm questions which my background did not really relate to.   Answer Question