Risk Management Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Risk Management Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Hoboken, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

There were 6 rounds in all, 1 round with Hiring Manager, 3 rounds telephonic lasting around an hour each, then again 1 round telephonic lasting around an hour, then 1 round in-person with Live POC demo

Interview Questions

• Java Collections, Threading, Framework design, DB Queries/Optimization, one POC on real life scenario which i guess one of the interview team members was worked on.   1 Answer

Modeler (Hydrology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was invited on site after online application. It was 4-4:30 hours process. I was mostly asked about what I have done, to find out which of the available positions will be a better fit for me. Most people I met were senior managers and VP level from various departments in molding group. I was asked to explain mostly what I have done during grad school. One or two questions about programming.

Model Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview

I got called for the onsite interview in California about two weeks after submitting the application. The interview was more of a conversation than a question and answer session. The ambience at RMS was great. The interviewers were very nice to talk to. I did not face any significant obstacles. I am still waiting for their response.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview

Came across the company on indeed career website, filled out the application and submitted my resume online. Process took about 2 weeks then they sent an email asking to complete a video interview. Have not heard anything since

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to search for businesses on yelp walk me through how you would choose a business.   Answer Question

New Graduate Training Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week for a video interview. Video interview was very basic and involved simple behavioral questions. About 2 weeks later I heard back about an onsite interview which involved one on one interviews, a presentation, and case study questions. The presentation was on a technical topic of your choice or on research that you were working on.

I was shown the conference room so I was not able to get a feel for the work environment. The people I interviewed with were extremely intelligent, but did not seem to be too passionate about their job. They were extremely slow on getting back to me with whether they were going to move forward with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• I was asked computer algorithm questions which my background did not really relate to.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview

It was a standard interview process without much more to say about it. Submit a resume, get short listed. Interview with a screener. If successful, come in and interview with a much larger group of people of multiple levels. It was done professionally and appeared to be well organized.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, unless you are a poor interviewer.   Answer Question

Recent Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Hoboken, NJ) in July 2014.

Interview

They'll have like 7-10 people interviewing the same day. You get to meet each other once you get there. Then you are taken through different interviews throughout the day. It was 4 interviews. One of the interviews requires you to make a presentation. Another will ask "google type" interview questions that will test how you solve problems. It was on a friday and they called on monday to say I was not chosen as one of the new candidates.

Model Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online for RMS internship program. I was contacted by HR 1 month after that. Following a phone call with HR, we set up a phone call with one of the managers at RMS. We talked for 45 minutes when the manager called. It was an easy interview and most of the questions were from my resume. Four days after the interview, I received an email from HR that I have been accepted for the internship position.

Interview Questions

• The interview went pretty smoothly. I was not asked any difficult technical question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an internship, so there was not any negotiation.

Pinnacle Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got invitation for a video interview.
    I didn't hear anything from HR and see any changes of application status which was disappointing so I ended up with bugging some other HR to help me get some updates...

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Hackensack, NJ).

Interview

Resume drop, followed by campus interview and then day long on site interview. Included take home exercise about how you would explain a natural disaster model as a means of selling a particular level of financial instrument (i.e. a cat bond) based on the probability that natural disaster would occur. You then presented that to a team on site.

Interview Questions

• They look for people with a background in the natural and earth sciences, along with engineering. But one question you have to come up against, if you have extensive travel or fieldwork in conjunction with your research, is whether you would be happy with a desk job.   Answer Question