Risk Management Solutions Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. ~4 weeks later got a terse email requesting a phone interview slot.

Phone interviewer was curt, straight into coding questions of form "what is a...?" with barely a hello. Which tests things you can easily Google, but not proper understanding or insight. Only got a description of the actual role & team through my own questions at the end.

Came away with distinct impression interviewer didn't want to be doing the interview, and wasn't interested in me.

I say "no offer", but actually the company hasn't got back to me so maybe my contract is just lost in the post.

Disrespectful and a total waste of both of our times, fortunately only 20 mins if you don't count all the company research I'd undertaken with the misconception they were serious about my application.

Interview Questions

• What is the Cake design pattern?   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Training Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

brief online application with just a cover letter, then they contacted me for a recorded interview.
    5 Questions there pretty basic. However i got rejected and they e mailed me that they have better candidates but no further details given.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by main interview in London. The latter was a lengthy process of multiple hours including multiple interviews (30-45 min each) with different people from the Model Development Section, some technical questions, some motivational, some inter-personal. Was also asked to give 45min presentation about my work with discussion thereafter in the form of a research seminar.

Interview Questions

• Asked some very specific questions regarding statistical modelling approaches.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call a few days after and scheduled an interview day for the week after.

The interview was pretty standard but quite long, I talked with 4 different people in different roles. They made sure to explain quite clearly how the company works and is organised, what they do and what instruments they use.

I also had to do a 30 minute presentation about my work and ~15 people showed up asking questions.

All in all very enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• Normal interview questions, why do you want to work here, tell me about your background, some technical questions about my present work   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The first stage was a video interview where you record answers of 1-3 mins each, after being asked a question by a pre recorded video. You have about 20 secs to think about what you will say before the recording begins. There were about 5 questions to answer, all of a general nature. No technical questions.

Interview Questions

• General Questions like: why do you want to work for RMS? What makes you different? Tell us a bit about yourself.   Answer Question

Graduate Solution Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with their recruiter and then a 4 hour interview process. After the phone interview I was instructed to come up with 3 presentation titles under the general headings of "technical", "scientific" and "team", they then chose a topic for me to prepare for the interview. Started with a one on one interview, then the 20 minute presentation that I had prepared plus questions followed by another one on one interview and then an informal chat with two employees at the company. I was promised feedback by the recruiter but did not receive any until I pestered them to. Was made to feel slightly uncomfortable as a woman interviewing in front of a group of men, as it was pointed out by a member of the group that I was the only woman in the room, something I didn't feel like needed attention drawn to.

Interview Questions

• How would your family and friends describe you in 5 words?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

Invited to take a webcam Interview - asking 6 questions related to competencies and to RMS.
    About a week later I was Invited to an onsite interview - full day of interviews with various members of team along with a case study.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Screening interview followed by phone interview with lead modeler. Standard questions about background, interests ability to relocate. Invited to London for onsite interview. One hour presentation followed by several rounds of interviews with team members and VP. Grueling 8 hour process. The recruiter was the best I ever worked with and the process was very pleasurable.

Interview Questions

• Was asked basic questions about meteorology. One fellow questioned by ability as a numerical modeler because I hadn't worked extensively with climate models.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone interview about my CV with the HR department, after a friend's referral. Followed by two interview stages, first consisting of a 2-on-1 interview with senior team members, second consisting of a 1-on-1 interview with another team manager and a presentation on a technical subject.

Interview Questions

• Mathematical/scientific problem in first round interview, requires some lateral thinking and initiative - if you're bright enough you'll get there, nothing you can really prepare for though.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted straight away.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one telephone and two face to face interviews with members of the prospective team including senior management. The interviews were challenging but enjoyable and always performed in a relaxed manner. Both face to face interviews included case studies, to be done on a white board, and I had to give a presentation during the last interview. Meeting the majority of the team and senior management was very useful as it allowed me to satisfy myself that everyone was good natured and had a good work life balance.

Throughout the process HR were very good and kept me up to date which meant that the process was not a long and drawn out one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was happy with the offer and therefore no negotiation was required.