Risk Management Solutions Interview Questions in Newark, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2017

3.2

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview with the hiring manager
    In general, he asked me weird questions and thought I am stupid and dumb (which I am not!)
    He also interrupted me frequently, diverted me to wrong directions
    And most importantly, I think he asked stupid questions which he didn't even know answers

Interview Questions

• Q1: estimate how many employees in the next building
      Q2: estimate how many stop lights in San Francisco
      Q3: if you are CIA agent, how would you pinpoint a potential terrorist
      1 Answer

Modeler (Hydrology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was invited on site after online application. It was 4-4:30 hours process. I was mostly asked about what I have done, to find out which of the available positions will be a better fit for me. Most people I met were senior managers and VP level from various departments in molding group. I was asked to explain mostly what I have done during grad school. One or two questions about programming.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

One on one interviews with managers and peers, Case Study presentation to Senior Management, lunch with peers, employment history verification. Was given a weekend to prepare the presentation. They objected to the lack of diagrams in the presentation but accepted my explanation of lack of time and agreed to let me draw on board.

Interview Questions

• Details about specific software that I worked with since that was relevant to my job function   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA).

Interview

Once I submitted my resume I had a phone interview.
    After which I was called Onsite for a face to face with team members, Manager and Senior Director
    Then another day I came for Interview with the CTO

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

On-campus Job Fair, Online Application, Online Interview, On-site Interview, Phone Interview, HR Followed-Up Phone Call, Extended an Offer

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was..... how do you evaluate a salt bottle as a product?   Answer Question

Negotiation

RMS offered more than I expected, so I didn't negotiate at all.

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

The interview consisted of a recorded online video session, an on-site series of interviews, and 1 follow-up phone call. The on-site interview included a session where the candidate gave a short presentation on a topic of their choosing. Overall, the process was very well put together and helpful in deciding when the time came.

Interview Questions

• One of the more difficult questions included a situational questions where you were asked to describe the steps in designing a catastrophe model   Answer Question

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview process was extremely efficient, and reflected very well upon the company; although there were several rounds, I never felt like I was waiting around for a decision. Had brief in-person meetings with five people, and two phone interviews afterwards including one with the CTO. Some were casual chats, others were more technically challenging conversations. Be ready for any question and all types of personalities.

Interview Questions

• How many restaurants are there in Manhattan? [no internet or calculators]   Answer Question

Model Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA).

Interview

I responded to a job posting by directly contacting the group supervisor. I had a 40 minute phone interview within a few days, which went well. I was then invited to the Newark office for an all day interview with ~9 people. I think all interviews went well. I also gave a presentation, but I was on a severe time crunch; I was told a 45 minute talk and it was 25. I should have stuck to more basics. The job position wasn't the right fit for me and they were looking for someone who could commit sooner. All in all, good interview process, but the recruiting staff seemed a bit disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Which is more flexible: a concrete or steel building?   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Recruiter was great to work with. He really worked hard to get results and kept me in the loop the entire time. Couldn't be happier.
    Had 3 phone-screens with various managers including the HM.
    Got invited for an onsite which went very smoothly. I was out of town so they paid for hotel, taxi and airfare.
    Got an immediate offer on which we negotiated to address my various concerns.
    It all worked out great in the end!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair and equitable, they really took good care and satisfied what I needed.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Risk Management Solutions (Newark, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

They will tell you about one of many problems they are facing. You tell them that you have the exact skills to fix it. When you start it will seem like and easy thing to fix, until you realize that senior management stands in the way of fixing it.

Negotiation

easy, they are not afraid of paying large salaries, bonuses and options. They do not have a good reputation in the valley, and compete against 1,000s of tech firms. The only reason to work their is to draw a big salary and not work too hard.