Rite Aid Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 30, 2017

2.2

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Cranberry, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

I was called by the Store Manager since he saw my résumé on indeed.com. He was nice and offered an interview. Despite his store is a half hour away from my house (and about a dozen other Rite Aids), I met with him and the District Manager. Both men were cordial and appreciative of my time. They told me of their backgrounds, and why they joined Rite Aid - and asked me why I want to join. I was given a soft offer on the spot, and the ability to be closer to my home.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you gave exceptional customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

For this position you interview with the H.R. manager first and if you are good enough to pass the first interview you get to interview with District Manager and Loss Prevention District Manager. Once they have agreed and do you get a call back you are instructed to go to a store and get a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you've had an upset customer and how did you handle the situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Culver City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had a interview with a store manager first, they tell you that if they decide to continue the hiring process you will have another interview with HR and DM. Then its Drug Test and background check.

Interview Questions

• Two employees don't like each other and start arguing in front of customers, how would you handle this situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Wilmington, DE) in November 2012.

Interview

Spoke with and HR manager on phone and then met with the District Manager at an office. Did background check and Drug test once the DM wanted to move forward with applicant.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Based Questions mainly about customer service and handling customers   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Sacramento, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had my first with Store Manager 2nd with DM and the 3rd with HRDM all in the same week. SO 3 formal interviews all in the same format. experience first then about 4 to 6 behavioral questions and about 4 to 6 situational questions with each interview. The interviews were not hard but you do need to reflect on past employment alot. Take a moment to think about your answer and listen to the questions the first time so you dont ramble. The questions may have 2 parts to them , All 3of of my interviews went well and I was asked if I would be willing to promote to an SM at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you build a team enviornment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very by the book. They print out several pages of guided, broad and basic questions and rate you on your answers. The tone of the interview is as bland as it gets.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

interview process was easy but you get interviewed with 2 people at the same time.At first it seemed harder but it was very simple. After the interview i got a phone call the same day saying i got the job and to get drug tested and background checked.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about my past customer service, ;leadership experience etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

The lady conducting the interview was very nice. I went into the interview feeling I would have the job because of my previous experience, and I was right. That took the edge off. Since they are coached to hire for personality, do whatever you can to be yourself and you should do fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you provided superior customer experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

typical questions such as the: tell me about a time when you had a conflict.
    They really just need bodies because the position is demanding, thus, lots of turn over. I had to have a few interviews which took a while to schedule and the background check process seem to take about a month.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Was recruited at a job fair, two in person interviews with basically all situational and behavioral questions. Had a dinner interview as well. At the end of the interview they always asked what your strengths and weaknesses are. Tip, come up really good question. For example, how has the company dealt with decrease in sales, how will it compensate, how is it compensating vs. the growth of it's competitors.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you excelled at customer service?   Answer Question