Rite Aid Cashier/Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rite Aid Cashier/Clerk Interview Questions

2.0

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Germantown, MD) in June 2015.

Interview

It was hard to understand if she just wanted to know mostly about my criminal background which is non existent than my actual skills. It was boring, she was not enthusiastic. Honestly it was the worst interview I've had. She was rude and tried to look suspecious about something the first 15 minutes I was really confused...

Interview Questions

• What makes you think this is the place you want to work at?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I first filled out an application for employment and returned it to my local Rite Aid on the same day. I was then instructed to fill out a brief survey online and was contacted within two days for a formal interview. The manager asked basic questions about past experiences with customer service. Nothing to worry about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Walked in and asked to speak with manager about applying to be a cashier. After that, we had a fairly straightforward conversation, with fair questions about consistency and availability. I think that they were looking for people they could count on and who wouldn't flake. After the initial conversation, he asked that I apply online and then I went to go do that. They have a lot of questions about previous roles, which is surprising for just a cashier role, but it wasn't too intense. I heard back with an offer within a week.

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Interview

i honestly don't remember the hiring process but they are making me use a fifty word minimum so i am doing just that. i did like working for the company it was just not a position i wanted so i guess there's that.

Anonymous Employee in North Wildwood, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (North Wildwood, NJ).

Interview

it was an on spot interview, I dressed in jeans and hollister button up. I was taken to the back room and filed out an application, along with handing in a resume. i cant remember the interview questions but im sure they were few and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2013.

Interview

I had to go into the store and pick up a paper application. I filled it out and brought it back in and asked for a manager to turn it in to. I ended up dropping it off with a supervisor. I got a call back a few days later to set up a "meeting". The meeting was very simple, just asked me a few questions about my availability and why I wanted the job. It gave the hiring manager an opportunity to put a face to the application.

He gave me a slip of paper with a code on it to go online and fill out an employment questionnaire. They were basic questions like "Do you think stealing from your employer is acceptable?" obviously the answer would be no. I passed that.

I had to call back the manager 2-3 times over the next week before I was told they chose someone else for the position. A week after that I got another call back saying another opening came up and they invited me in for a 2nd interview.

They took me on a short tour of the store. I think the manager already liked me from our first meeting and my persistence on the phone. I talked about my retail experience, cash handling, POS, stock and other experience. He offered me the job on the spot, pending a background check and a drug test.

The background check took nearly 2 weeks to go through.

Negotiation

The store is union so pay scale is set. I was offered 8.50 an hour which is about 50 cents above minimum wage in my state so not too bad for a basic retail job. Pay raises are given based off hours worked not by how long you've been with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Decatur, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Decatur, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a pretty simple interview. The manager asked questions pertaining to like how would you handle a customer if they were giving you a hard time. What are your strengths and weaknesses and what would your previous boss say about you? He also asked me to name a situation where I went above and beyond for a customer and more questions along that line. I got offered the job in the end though.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions or unexpected questions it was just straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Middletown, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

you apply via paper app. and when you turn it in make sure you give it to a manager. They will give you a card with instructions to go online and fill out this survey type thing. If they give you the card, your almost guaranteed an interview. When you go in for the interview they will bring you into the office and start. it is a standard interview. Nothing to hard or anything.

Negotiation

i was able to negotiate pay because of my experience.

Anonymous Employee in Norco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Norco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

fast and easy, they just ask questions that pertain to customer service and work related stuff.
    like stocking , load and even if you don't have experience as long as your welling to learn they are willing to hire you be reliable and dependable and your in.

Interview Questions

• most off the questions were about customer service, stock and load   1 Answer

Negotiation

them offering me a job and if you are given a opportunity to work take it jobs are hard to come by today.