Rite Aid Shift Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

1.9

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Brooklawn, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Brooklawn, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I was hired from within. Only requirement was to be 18. I met with the district manager and talked for about an hour. The actual interview portion was about ten minutes. I was able to lead an answer of one question into another without realizing it.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

I took an online survey, interviewed with the manager then the district manager. Very basic, customer focused questions. There were 3 customer based questions, the rest was about personal information and work history.

Interview Questions

• How would you provide an outstanding customer experience to our customers?
      In the absence of a manager, what would you do if you saw a fellow associate not delivering an outstanding customer experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Greensboro, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy, nice and smooth. It didn't take long and I had about 3 interviews total. he first was over the phone, the second was face to face and the third was to tell me about conditional offers, hours, and pay!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer tried to use an expired coupon or multiple ones in a day.   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What are you strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What is you availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, ME

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Detroit, ME) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy, I got a call back a couple of days after submitting my resume. I got an interview and got a second interview within 24 hours of the first one

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to to work for rite aid   1 Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

talked to the manager, heard him talk trash about the employees, was told to not work for target ever, told i needed to dress nicer for the dm interview because he takes rite aid way to seriously

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple. Questions about retail experience and etc. The manager was very kind and explained a lot about the job before giving me the offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best customer service experience you've had?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Interview

I applied online, I got a call for an interview about a month later. I go in expecting an interview with the store Manager, and was told to fill out a paper application, and go home and do an assessment (questions about integrity, nothing to do with skill). After they got the results back , I went in for an actual interview with the store Manager. Then had to set an interview up with their district manager. After meeting with the district manager, you send your wage requirements to human resources, and they'll negotiate and call you back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Rite Aid?   1 Answer
    • What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • If your family member was stealing, would you turn them in?   Answer Question
    • If someone stole $5 from their employer, do they deserve to get fired? What about $10? What about $20?   Answer Question
    • What does great customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your bravest moment.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to quickly make a decision without the store manager.   Answer Question
    • A very upset customer wants to use more than one coupon per item, how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a policy was changed and you had a difficult time transitioning, and how did you overcome?   Answer Question
    • Why is it important to give great customer service?   Answer Question

They only offered $11/hr, which is a $1 less than I'm getting in my current position (department manager for a major competitor).

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interview process went smoothly. I went in for a interview with the store manager and he gave me a brief description of the job and what ill be doing. Interviewed with the district manager within one week. He asked a lot of technical questions, for the most part, the interview was very easy. I was hired the next week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a hard task to accomplish. How did you accomplish this task and what resources did you use to complete it.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Easy as pie. Be personable and you'll be fine. If manager sees you're transparent, you'll likely receive an offer. Be positive and always make eye contact. Walk in with confidence and you might be interviewed on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

As a retail company, Rite Aid employs interviews focusing heavily on customer service-related questions. Many of the interview questions gauge personality and jobs skills related to serving the general public in a retail setting. Interviews for shift supervisor and manager positions focus heavily on the amount of leadership experience required to assume managerial roles. The hiring process typically involves panel interviews and one-on-one discussions with store management. Panel interviews often prove most prevalent with managerial candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me Y I should hire you   1 Answer