Rite Aid Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rite Aid Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Depends on the position you apply for. Cashiers interview with store manager, if goes well background and drug test and then job offer. Management interviews with store manager and then dm.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had an irrational customer? How do you handle them?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Anonymous Employee in Gaylord, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Gaylord, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week from the District Manager. We scheduled a time to interview at her district office later that week. It was a typical 1:1 interview consisting of mostly situational questions. She recommended me to interview with the District HR Manager. I had a 30 minute phone interview with him that was very similar to my first one.

Interview Questions

• Q: Can you give me an example of a time where you took care of a customer, but they walked away unsatisfied?
      Q: Where do you want to go with the company?
      Q: How would you handle a conflict between employees?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Toledo, OH).

Interview

Behavioral interview with the DM, took about 45 minutes, on a Wednesday. a very relaxed atmosphere at the district office. Telephone interview with district HR manager, about 20 mins, on Friday, more behavioral questions. Was offered the job on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an employee came to you with a new way to do something, if you knew it wouldn't work? How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate, took into account my 12 years drug store management experience.

Anonymous Employee in Southern Pines, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Southern Pines, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Okay, I'm going to do things in reverse from the interviewer's perspective. I interviewed with Rite Aid almost ten years ago and the set up is a little different. All applicants are required to take an online survey, drug test, background check, and formal interview. Presentation and personality are key to getting in at store level. Smile and be attentive during the interview. Nervousness is expected, but if you talk quietly and act shy, managers will assume you will act the same way in front of customers. Don't be afraid to ask questions! Not only do we want to find the right associate for the position, but want to make sure it is the right position for you!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you noticed a coworker or friend acting against company policy, law, or otherwise rules.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Phone and in person interview with a corporate talant manager and the DM. Set up weeks in advance. You interview with corporate first, then the DM is only to validate that they believe you should be promoted. The DM is the last step, and really is only needed for validation.

Interview Questions

• Basic management questions, such as how to do things and how to handle certain situations. Also, how to use various software programs. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online took about three days to get a call back. Got scheduled for interview with HR manager and District manager. Got different sets of questions from both kinda like round robin style. Entire interview took roughly about an hour and a half. We touched on a multitude of topics from management style to shrink.

Interview Questions

• Walking into a store as the new store manager what would be my first order of Business ?   Answer Question
    • How have I handled an emotional decision ?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when I had to overcome animosity in the workplace ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being able to understand what you bring to the table for the company while finding out how the company is doing. Example would be stock price, partnerships with other brands as well as how is the company doing year to date.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Lexington, KY) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy process that involved multiple interviews with multiple people, both phone and in person. There are competency and personality test that must be passed to move to the next level in interview process.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Being an employee I had to go through the company web-site. I had to submit a refreshed resume'. I was interviewed by the District Manager. A few days later, HR called and I spoke with them and they asked questions that I felt had nothing to do with the actual running of a store. The questions were about situations and what I would do if put in that particular situation.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you provided excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Coventry, RI) in October 2013.

Interview

Initially from a talent manager asking basic industry questions over the phone then an in person interview followed by a misleading description delivered by the District Sales manager. Interviewer was putting his present field team down and was very negative about his present talent pool.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in Rite Aid?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Belmar, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Belmar, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

interviewed by dm and hr. they were both very professional and made me feel comfretable. The DM was very easy to talk to. Hr was was nice and asked same questions