Rite Aid Wellness Ambassador Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rite Aid Wellness Ambassador Interview Questions

2.4

Wellness Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed, although I used my own resume/cover letter. The next day I got an email requesting me to set up a phone interview. I set one for the next day and the phone interview went awesome. The lady told me she'd like me to go to the next step and that she'd email me a quiz which basically just asks you in five different ways if you'd ever steal money, etc. Once I passed that she emailed me telling me that the store would give me a call. The next day the store called me and had me come in that same day. I interviewed with the Pharmacy manager and the store manager and it didn't seem like they liked me too much but I realized later they were just busy. I didn't think I'd get a call back, but a few days later I got a call back to speak with the district pharmacy manager! I went in to a seperate corporate office to see her and she was so nice. She loved me and offered me the job on the spot. She told me that as a wellness ambassador it's one of the funnest jobs because you set your own schedule and you're in and out of the store, etc. Once that was done, I waited for her to send me an offer letter via email. I printed it out and signed it and took it in to the location I'll be at, where she started my screening process, which is basically just some background checks and you have to go to a seperate place for a drug test. I didn't know you could do this but schedule an appointment for the drug test at the place you're going to, or else it takes 2 to 3 hours! Once that was all said and done, I called the store two days later to follow up and she had me start the next day.

Interview Questions

• If a customer wanted to know specific details about an item in the pharmacy area, how would you best help them?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just ask for what you'd feel comfortable making but let them know you're willing to negotiate it. Rite aid is a good company and doesn't mind paying for good workers.

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY).

Interview

I learned about this position at a career fair. Met with a recruiter from HR. The entire process from start to finish was pain free. First I met with the store manger who then passed on my info to the District Pharmacy Manager. Generic interview questions. I was offered the position less than 24 hours after my 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unionized position. No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a talent scout, a recruiter, and scheduled an informal phone interview about my past experiences and was given basic information about the position. Afterwards, I had to fill out an employment application online and took a personality skills test.

Once passed, my information was then forwarded to the Pharmacy Manager (PM) and General Manager(GM) (Hiring Managers) and discussed my employment history further and why I believe I am fit for the position. Once considered for the position by the PM and GM, I met w/ the District Pharmacist Manager (DPM) for a second round of STAR method interview, mostly behavioral such as describe a time, what would you do, and how would you handle so and so type of questions. After meeting with the DPM, I interviewed with the District Manager(DM) and HR in a lengthy third round of STAR method interview, role play and an in-depth discussion about my past experiences.

I was told they would give me an answer within a week. Two days after my last interview w/ the DM and HR, I was given an offer - I accepted!

After my three rounds of interview, I then started the initial pre-employment process, which includes consent for background check and drug screening (sent to a lab) with results within a week followed by a week of training.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online about 3 weeks later I received a call for an in person interview with the Pharmacy Manager and Store Manager. The interview was about 45 minutes. They asked if I had a pharmacy tech license. Although it's not required it is preferred that you have one or are willing to get one so you can help out in the pharmacy when it gets busy. After I passed the first interview, I had to complete a personality survey. After I passed that survey I had a second interview with the pharmacy district manager and HR. The interview questions were mainly behavioral. They set up different scenarios and ask what I would do using past experiences to answer (you can use educational or work experience). From reading past interviews I thought it was going to be a long process but my interviewers moved with urgency. I had my first interview on a Monday and second interview on Wednesday and within 30 minutes of leaving the interview I received a call extending a job offer ;). After that is a drug and background check which takes about one week for the results to come back. The whole process took about 2 weeks to start working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle a budget?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer does not want what you are selling/promoting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you went against authority orders   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negoitation. Its a union job. Start $11

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Beverly Hills, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, in store interview the next day with store manager and pharmacy manager. The following week an interview with the District Store manager, and the week after that an interview with the District Pharmacy manger. Took like 2-3 weeks total I think

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult customer?
      How would you build employee relationships?
      What is your best skill/what skill needs most work?
      Describe a time when you did something at work that increased profit for the business.
      Describe a time that you were proud of something you took initiative of and completed.
      Are you a Pharmacy Technician/would you be willing to become one?
      Answer Question

Wellness Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

1) I applied online on the RIte Aid careers website
    2) one week later, I was contacted by someone from HR for a phone screening.
    3) two days later, I was called to have an interview with the store manager and pharmacy manager
    4) one day later, I went to the nearby store for the first interview
    5) Six days later, I had a second interview wiht the district pharmacy manager and the Wellness Ambassador Team Lead

Interview Questions

• 1) How do you handle difficult customers?
      2) How do you plan on doing community outreach activities?
      3) Are you willing to become a Pharmacy Technician? (most wellness ambassadors are PTs)
      4) Do you have any marketing/sales experience?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

In person interview with hiring manager (Pharmacy District Manager) and store manager lasting 1 hr., followed a few days later by a phone interview with a member of the HR department. All very friendly, mostly casual conversation about the company and the job, and then addressing some interview questions that were predetermined by the corporation for interviews. Feedback about how the interview process would proceed was also provided, along with a timeline for the process of hiring someone.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with someone at work and if so, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Wellness Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter, phone interview on the spot. Then did a personality test, and the store manager called me back the next day. Interviewed with the store manager, awaiting next steps.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I emailed my resume directly to the Hiring Manager for a position after seeing a job posting on the window of a local Rite Aid store, and my email was answered the next day inviting me for an interview the following Monday. Monday came, but the interview had to be postponed to Wednesday. On that Wednesday, I interviewed for the position of Asset Protection Agent, but the person I interviewed with thought my personality was so "dynamic" and "engaging", that he asked if he could consider recommending me for the Wellness Ambassador position. I wasn't familiar with that position, but I was in desperate need to begin working, so I was open to the suggestion. I was asked to be certain to fill out an online application while waiting for the next interview. Two days later, I got a call from a representative in Human Resources, who conducted a "pre-screening" of me over the phone, which was a very basic and pleasant interview. She kindly informed me that I would need to fill out a survey if I had not done so with my application, and if not, she would email it to me. One Monday of the next week, I got an email from the Human Resource representative to let me know that she would be forwarding all of my application "materials" over the Hiring Manager in the Pharmacy department of the store in which the position was available. (I assume that meant I passed the survey, as the process probably would have ended there if I had not.) Two days later, I got a call from the Pharmacy Manager (hiring manager) to schedule an interview for the very next day. During the interview, I met with both the Pharmacy Manager and the Store Manager. They were very busy that day, so they could not be as formal about the interview as they would have liked to, but they both explained to me the gist of the job duties, what they would expect from me, the hours I can expect to work, etc. After all that, the Pharmacy Manager said, "I think you would be GREAT for this job. I will go ahead and submit my recommendation for you." So, I was then scheduled for another meeting with the Supervisor over the Pharmacy Manager as well as the Human Resource Representative. This particular interview was a lot more frustrating, as it was much longer than any of the other interviews, the questions were all very scenario-based, and the number of questions asked seemed endless. Before the questions, however, I was asked to watch a short video of a Wellness Ambassador at work, which I thought was impressive. I was then shown the job description of the Wellness Ambassador, and then the two of them took turns asking the questions. The interview last well over an hour. They thanked me, told me that they would be in touch within the next day or two, and that they would let me know their "decision", which I was confused about considering I'd already gotten a "decision" from the person who was doing the actual hiring. Finally, after 3 restless days of waiting, I finally got the call from the Pharmacy Manager that I could go finish up the next steps of the "hiring process".

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your superior asked you to do a job that you felt you were not necessarily equipped or qualified to do. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Wellness Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2014.

Interview

The process took about 5 weeks start to finish. There was an initial screening with a HR recruiter, immediately after that she had me do a survey. I was then contacted by the pharmacy district manager for an interview. After interviewing with him I was told I would interview with the HR manager, which I did the next day. Then I was called back to interview with the district manager. All the interviews were very informal and were more of a conversation. They made the process very ray and relaxed but they asked the typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you approaching people and stating a conversation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was given during the initial interview with the recruiter but during the interview with the PDM I was told that the salary would actually be higher than initially stated, which was true when the offer was made.