Ritz-Carlton Concierge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA).

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. I applied online at the Ritz-Carlton careers website. One week later I was contacted by the Chef Concierge and scheduled for an in-person interview. The asked me basic STAR questions, as well as details about my resume. 2nd Interview was with the Front Office Manager. It was a more informal interview to get to know me and ask details about my experience and resume. No structured interview this time. My 3rd and final interview was with the Director of Rooms. I was asked get-to-know-you interviews as well as general knowledge about the company and the property. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had with a guest and how you dealt with it? Why steps did you take and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
  • Describe a situation where you had to work as a team. What was your role? What steps did you take? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ritz-Carlton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Asked standard questions about goals, plans, strengths weaknesses as well as what you would bring to the team. Seemed a bit unorganized as opposed to other hotel chains I had met with previously. Seemingly forced interactions with guests but seemed like a good bunch of individuals that were attempting to progress their careers.

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Clayton, MO).

Interview

Excellent-over tea, met with three managers. It was very informative and then a tour. Truly a Gold Standard interview. Detailed description of the Concierge position on the Club Level and at the Lobby as possible cross training for the Concierge position.

Interview Questions

• My strengths/weaknesses, my passion, my plans   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Interviews vary, first a phone interview, then an interview with two managers, some people then go back for 2 other interviews, others dont. Basic customer service questions, what would you do in *this* situation, just show you have high integrity and morals and can think quick on your feet.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they tell you what you get.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Doha (Qatar)) in March 2010.

Interview

Questions about the motivation for the job were asked. Situational behaviour questions were asked: How would you behave in a certain situation ?
    What do you know about the company ? What do you know about the region ? What do you expect to do ? How much do you expect to earn ?

Interview Questions

• How did you behave in the past when you had a problem with employees ?   1 Answer