Ritz-Carlton Front Desk Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Front Desk Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.9

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Met with Front Desk Manager, Rooms Executive, and General Manager each individually. They each had a round of situational questions, with some personality questions as well. Everyone was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found it difficult to work with someone and how did you overcome your differences.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ritz-Carlton

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview went by very fast and it was pretty easy. The interviewer was very nice and asked me about 6 questions in total. The main questions were About handling a situation and experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you thought of a good gesture before a guest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Went to three interviews in total. First was with immediate manager for the position, then the manager above him, and then with HR. Once I got to the HR point I just had to sign the hire papers, do a swab test, and get fitted for uniforms. Everyone was very friendly, and if you have done hospitality before then you should be able to answer the interview questions with no problem.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where a guest was upset and what did you do to resolve it?
      And any other STAR type questions, looking for detailed answers.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call 2 weeks later to come in and meet with hr. Hr asked basic questions. Then met with front desk manager and after director of operations. After that I had to wait another 2 weeks for the call.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an online test when applying which will determine whether or not you are an ideal candidate for the role based on your answers to the questions, one phone screen, a first interview, and a face to face interview with the Manager of the department. T

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a response in a week to come in for an interview. Interview was in the afternoon: took about 30 minutes. Interviewed with the Front Office Manager. Series of 10-15 behavioral questions regarding performance, anticipating the guests needs (important for quality for the Ritz!) and other questions. Last question was regarding my knowledge of the company. Thought I had a positive experience, even received confirmation from interviewer that he felt that I would be a great fit. Did not receive the position, possibly due to me being a recent graduate with little experience.

Interview Questions

• N/A most questions were typical to this type of interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Orlando, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online & received an interview 2 weeks later.The interview questions were based on past situations at previous jobs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an idea that you brought to your previous employer & what were the results   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Multiple Assessments - Phone Interview for about 30 mnutes - Face to Face Interview for about 30 minutes - Interview with Rooms Exec 10 minutes - Interview with GM 5 minutes - was offered position a few days later

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was amazing. I had all the excitement and confidence when I left the process. Little did I know that after interviewing that was where all the excitement and advancement ended.

Interview Questions

• If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have one

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (New Orleans, LA) in September 2011.

Interview

Initially there are three steps to the interview process: 1- a pre screening on the phone, then am initial appointment is set up. 2- interview with a front office manager, they use the STAR method of interview ing which are behavioral questions. Basically its storytelling that should always end with a satisfied guest. 3- you do an interview with a the Director of the Front of the House which are more STAR questions. From there there will be drug test and backgrond check then on to orientation

Interview Questions

• Tell Me About a time when you had to complet multiple projescts at one time to meet the same deadline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is room for manuvering however only if you have hotel experience. I would definitely research the cost of living, insurance, and taxes if relocating for a job so that you know what you need to live a lifestyle of your choice