Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.8

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SPA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

About 15-20 Behavioral type interview questions, they gave a brief tour & description of the spa . Easy interview but was told they have many applicants to interview. Explained how much the hourly pay was.

Interview Questions

• What have you accomplished in your life that you're most proud of?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Platte, NE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (North Platte, NE) in September 2017.

Interview

After the lengthy application process and behavioral and personality tests, I got the call from HR. I interviewed with the hiring manager and the questions were very much behavioral based, like the STAR method. Definitely recommend as preparation as possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult guest?   2 Answers
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for a guest?   Answer Question

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Current employer at another location. Didn't even bother to respond back with a no thank you email after the interview. That is tacky and not becoming of the reputation the Ritz claims to want to embody.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current location?   1 Answer

Front of House Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Filled out online application and questionnaire. Received a call to come in for an interview a few weeks later. In-person interview that lasted a half hour. Overall simple and quick.

Guest Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Waikïkï, HI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very rushed interview. Seemed like the manager's mind was made up when we started. Questions were scripted STAR style questions. I was then asked if I wanted to ask any questions. After giving answers to about a total of 4 questions and asking my own questions, no follow up was done with me. I also sent a follow-up thank email. However, not a down to earth manager and almost no interest in my background. If this was the case, I should have not been scheduled an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a co-worker you had nothing in common with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a moment that you went the extra mile for a guest.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had an upset guest.   Answer Question

Bar Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application along with my resume and a cover letter. Completed the online assessment of scenarios relating to the job. Soon, received a call for an interview, and it went seemingly well, or so I thought, but two days later I received an email thanking me for my time although they would not be pursuing my candidacy further.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when it seemed you did not have enough time to get the job done, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

I submitted an application online for a different position. I received a call a couple weeks later by the Assistant Front Office manager saying they were in the final stages of onboarding a candidate for the position I applied for but if I would like to come in for an interview for a font desk position. I agreed and had an interview the following week. Interview was with the front office assistant manager and front office supervisor. We went into one of the rooms for about 20 min and I was asked about 7 questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time you had to deal with a difficult situation. What happened, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview went by very fast and it was pretty easy. The interviewer was very nice and asked me about 6 questions in total. The main questions were About handling a situation and experience.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you thought of a good gesture before a guest?   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Asked standard questions about goals, plans, strengths weaknesses as well as what you would bring to the team. Seemed a bit unorganized as opposed to other hotel chains I had met with previously. Seemingly forced interactions with guests but seemed like a good bunch of individuals that were attempting to progress their careers.

Meetings & Special Events Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in February 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position and then about a week later got an email saying that one of the current managers would like to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview and it was really easy. She basically just described the position for most of the time and then asked me about my experience on my resume and what I was looking to get out of the job.