Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Had to do an online personality test before I could go through to the next round. The face-to-face interview was a super lengthy process and most of the questions are behavioral questions. Totally drained after the process.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dana Point, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Dana Point, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long interview with very odd difficult questions, Didn't even ask to tell them a little about myself. My advice is to be extremly prepared because they are very picky. Also there was like 8 other people being interviewed so make sure you stand out because its not easy to be picked.

Interview Questions

• What does luxury mean to you ?   1 Answer

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

Online questionnaire (about 40 minutes), if you pass that then in person interview. You will be required to share many of your past work experiences, including ones where you failed, and then to expound on these. They are looking for initiative, confidence and work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you contributed to the success to your department.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Sarasota, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Asking questions to see whether or not I belong on the floor to communicate with rich and wealthy people who mostly dont appreciate you anyway. They basically tell you you are the 1 percent of the lucky and that youll be so happy here. Which is not true.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if so and so did this and you didnt like it.   1 Answer

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Orlando, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very long, we went back and forth for months, lucky I already was working. I ended up taking a lateral move that I shouldn't have. I was promised the promotion I wanted in two years of hard work. I put in the work and the promotion didn't happen. I realized when I got there there was a line for a job like that and I was way in the back.

Interview Questions

• somewhat inverted from normal, talked to hiring managers first, then went through hr second (QSP, quality selection process, psych tests).   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Aspen, CO).

Interview

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   1 Answer

Lobby Lounge Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

Do not speak in slang, they will not hire you. Wear a suit, get a hair cut, and start researching the company. If you have no experience, do not waste your time applying, no one begins at the Ritz-Carlton, you work your way into it. Prepare for the most intense screening process for an entry level job you will ever have. Always smile and speak as if your were about to drink tea with the president.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember, Director of food and beverage conducted his interview as we walked around the hotel, threw two curve balls at me that I was not prepared for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotiable, offer was more than I had expected; a lot more. I will be buying a new car, that is how much they offered.

Do Not Wish to Answer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coconut Grove, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Coconut Grove, FL) in September 2010.

Interview

Tedious

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an employee that was having trouble and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Chevy Chase, MD) in January 2008.

Interview

I was impressed with the number of interviews coordinated (6) in a short period of time (1 week). The process was streamlined, efficient and was impressed with the interview schedule emailed to me prior to my arrival at the corporate office.

Interview Questions

• My most difficult interview was my interview with Talent +. Ritz-Carlton uses a third party vendor during the initial selection process. The interview is designed to measure your nature talents. Questions were thought provoking however, and none that I would have anticipated in advance. You can't study for it. I will not provide specifics as to not to risk the integrity of our current selection process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I did not negotiate. I was offered much more than what I was currenlty making at the time.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santiago de Compostela (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Santiago de Compostela (Spain)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through my college. The process took few months. I interviewed at The Ritz-Carlton, Abama. About 15-20 Behavioral type interview questions. The process was very long. Furthermore, the internship was amazing.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the hotel industry?
      Why did you chose to apply to The Ritz-Carlton Hotels & Resorts?   Answer Question