Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

HR Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Current employer at another location. Didn't even bother to respond back with a no thank you email after the interview. That is tacky and not becoming of the reputation the Ritz claims to want to embody.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current location?   1 Answer

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Puerto Rico (Chile)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Puerto Rico (Chile)) in February 2016.

Interview

At the beginning I was really nervous, because this is a great company for me to start my career as a massage therapist but as soon as I entered and met the interviewers I felt less nervous.

Guest Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by a psychometric test and then normally you go through 3 interviews: with HR, with the Hiring Manager and some other leader related to the position you applied for. Interview method used is STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result).

Interview Questions

• Describe me a situation when you had to deal with extremely difficult guest, where you managed to turn his experience around?   1 Answer

Culinary Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Doha (Qatar)) in January 2014.

Interview

Amazing place to work. Positive work atmosphere and extremely friendly people. The work culture will make you proud to be part of the family. Makes a good hotelier out of an individual

Interview Questions

• Basic technicals regarding the field.
      Latest trends
      Why Ritz Carlton
      What do you wish of the company in return
      Given an opportunity would you like to build a hospitality career with the company   Answer Question

Quality Assurance and Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Lausanne (Switzerland)).

Interview

Had first a campus interview, was referred to the job because the recruiter knew of a position that she felt suited my personality and skills better. Afterward, I had a video interview with my direct supervisor. Once I heard back from them, I received an offer that I had to reply within a week.

Meeting and Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Wolfsburg, Niedersachsen (Germany)) in July 2015.

Interview

Es dauerte Wochen bis ein Termin für das Vorstellungsgespräch gefunden werden konnte. Währenddessen war ich mit verschiedenen Mitarbeitern in Kontakt und es war nie richtig klar, wer der eigentliche Ansprechpartner für meine Bewerbung ist.
    Im Vorfeld des Gespräches erkundigte ich mich nach den Anwesenden beim Vorstellungsgespräch. Mir wurden drei Personen genannt. Im Vorstellungsgespräch sprach ich dann aber mit insgesamt sechs Personen, die sich im Gespräch austauschten. Eine Person verließ das Gespräch und eine neue Person kam hinzu.
    Das Gespräch fand im Flur bzw. Vorraum des Restaurants statt und ich fühlte mich in der öffentlichen Umgebung nicht wohl. Ein diskreterer Umgang mit meiner Bewerbung wäre wünschenswert gewesen. Ich möchte nicht, dass die Öffentlichkeit sieht, wo ich mich bewerbe.
    Zum Schluss wurde ich mit "Wir melden uns bei Ihnen." verabschiedet. Wie in Deutschland üblich habe ich von Nachfragen abgesehen. Ich warte bis heute auf eine Rückmeldung und interpretiere das Nichtmelden nach bald zwei Jahren als Absage. Keine freundliche Unternehmenskommunikation und ein sehr geringschätziger Umgang mit Bewerbern.

Security Officer/Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in January 2014.

Interview

was asked about my milltery service. I told him all my weapons knowlage, he was very impressed. i flexed a littel bit. He asked why i want to work in the hotel industry. It was a good talk.

Interview Questions

• what wil you do if things happen   1 Answer

HOUSEMAN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. A few days later I had an interview with the Director of Housekeeping. Then I had one more interview on the phone a month later, then I was offered the job another week later and attended orientation on the third month. Everyone was very friendly but the process took some time.

Interview Questions

• Different scenarios which you would respond with the STAR format. Situation Task Action Response   Answer Question

Front of House Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Filled out online application and questionnaire. Received a call to come in for an interview a few weeks later. In-person interview that lasted a half hour. Overall simple and quick.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA).

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. I applied online at the Ritz-Carlton careers website. One week later I was contacted by the Chef Concierge and scheduled for an in-person interview. The asked me basic STAR questions, as well as details about my resume. 2nd Interview was with the Front Office Manager. It was a more informal interview to get to know me and ask details about my experience and resume. No structured interview this time. My 3rd and final interview was with the Director of Rooms. I was asked get-to-know-you interviews as well as general knowledge about the company and the property. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you had with a guest and how you dealt with it? Why steps did you take and what was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you had to work as a team. What was your role? What steps did you take? What was the outcome?   1 Answer