Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

Reservation Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview followed by about a 30 minute face to face asking situation questions and past experience questions. Fairly simple for me since I've had previous customer service and sales experience. She told me a great deal about the job as well. But later I learned a great deal about the job had changed which was quite disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Filled out Online app took the assessment test they called with in a week after to set up interview. Need to dress extremely professional for this establishment stockings well groomed hair decent dress or pants suit for ladies they go for people who look decent enough to show off. They will train the right candidate trust me I was there for food runner got hired as a hostess..

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you gave excellent guest service? This question is important it kinda seals the deal that and if you have past experience so know what you are talking about research your position be sure that there are some similarities from your previous job to what they will have you doing in the future.   1 Answer

SPA Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Las Vegas, NM) in April 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews. All conducted through Skype. Mostly behavioural questions were asked. It was not very very long, each interview session lasted about 20 minutes. They were one-way video interview sessions.

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

easy, normal behevior based questions. took about 30 days interviewed with manager, supervisor and director. first was a phone call from manager to set up interviews at hotel. short interview, comofrtable setting although 2 on one is a bit tough.

Interview Questions

• gve an example of a time you displayed excellent customer service   1 Answer

Club Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Smooth & Straight to the point.. It was not a very lengthy interview.. I'd already worked at a Ritz Carlton so the interviewer was really focused on the things I learned about the company and the culture.

Interview Questions

• Why was I the best fit for the position?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online, about a week later received a phone call and from that they scheduled an interview. Interview consisted of a panel of 3 which included the head of security, the head of house keeping and the Executive Assistant Manager (EAM).

Interview was predominately behavioral interview questions relating to customer service and why you want to work at The Ritz-Carlton.

At the end of the interview they said they were interviewing other individuals and if interested they would contact me back within the week. They called me back the very next day and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Banquets Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Very professional but still felt casual. Met outside the restaurant, as interviewee asked I answered and they wrote down everything. A lot of scenario questions, what have you done. Be confident and nice. They want nice people to work here, Is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• All about the customer experience and you being creative and genuine whenever helping a guest   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Accountant/Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask you questions that have nothing to do with customer service or job at hand. They also paint this amazing picture about how the job will be and I have yet to see the bright side of this job. They also offer free trips that are IMPOSSIBLE to go on, and you pay for your own flight and food

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to travel around the world with the free trips we have?   1 Answer

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy and concise. One interview and was soon offered the position on the spot! Lots of basic behavioral and personality questions to see how you react under pressure and stress. They use the STAR method in which you are asked for a specific situation to demonstrate an action.

Interview Questions

• Why the Ritz Carlton and not any other hotel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Reservations Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (South Salt Lake, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy. It's a call center. If you love being on the phone and don't care about your hours you'll be a perfect fit. Just know they have a huge turn over. I saw within one month 10 people who had been working there for 15+ years quit because of how they treat people directly related to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ritz Carlton   1 Answer