Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2017

Club Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Thomas, VI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Saint Thomas, VI) in December 2014.

Interview

My first interview was with someone from the HR Department. It was a short interview basically to make sure I was a good fit for the position I was applying for. The same day I had an interview with the department manager. This was the real interview. It lasted at least 1.5. Then she had me interview with a front desk manager. It was short. About 10 minutes. Then I met with the director of operations and I told him about myself for a few minutes. And that concluded my interview process

Interview Questions

• Describe a time, whether in school or at work, when you had to take charge.   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a response in a week to come in for an interview. Interview was in the afternoon: took about 30 minutes. Interviewed with the Front Office Manager. Series of 10-15 behavioral questions regarding performance, anticipating the guests needs (important for quality for the Ritz!) and other questions. Last question was regarding my knowledge of the company. Thought I had a positive experience, even received confirmation from interviewer that he felt that I would be a great fit. Did not receive the position, possibly due to me being a recent graduate with little experience.

Interview Questions

• N/A most questions were typical to this type of interview   Answer Question

Pastry Cook Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

I sent HR my resume, who then sent it to the Pastry Chef. He contacted me about setting up an interview. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions, along with a couple questions about my background and interests. After my interview with the Pastry Chef, I was contacted again to speak with the HR Manager and the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic, just make sure you have a couple scenarios in your mind prior to the interview. For example: a time you had to work within a group, a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Aspen, CO).

Interview

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in August 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews. I waited about 45 minutes each time for them to come interview or confront me. So don't think you will be out immediately. My first interview was the longer one asking about history and why I stand out. Just say how you love the ritz carlton and the marriott. You can even learn the credo before hand. Act like the ritz is your life and that you would love to make a career with them. My second interview was about 20 seconds she asked me who interviewed me and a couple of the same questions then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating minimum plus tips

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Marriott/Ritz-Carlton use an outside company for the first stages of recruiting. First you will have to answer an assessment online at the hotel's website. If you pass it, they will review your resume and if qualified they will call for a screening interview.
    After the phone interview, the applicants information is handed to each hotel property for in person interview. Typically you will meet with 2 interviewers that will ask you structured questions. You will have 1 or 2 interview, and if you are the finalist they will schedule an informal meeting with the general manager.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions will comprise of scenario questions. Tell me about a time... related to the job you are applying for

It is important to always state the situation, action taken and outcomes of your action. You will be rated on all 3 steps of your answer.

If sales, they will ask how you got a deal that seemed impossible
      If front desk, they will ask about client issues,
      If housekeeping, how you managed a large team, etc.
      and of course, scenarios about relationship and team work
      1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

I done an application on-line was called in for a interview, I was asked a lot of questions.the way they was acting I really thought I had the job. I spent over 4hrs there for the interview meeting everyone. They said they would call or send an E-Mail, well I learned if you get a E-Mail that you didn't get the job. I have over 2yrs in housekeeping guess I wasn't good enough for there company. Keep on looking.

Interview Questions

• Asked the most memorable time I have ever had with a customer. I had many   Answer Question

Pastry Cook/ Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in June 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by the executive chef and had phone interview (more than just a screening interview). Didn't have an in-person interview as I was an out-of-state applicant. Once the chef recommended for hire, was contacted by HR professional and began filling out pre-employment paperwork (background check, drug test consent, etc.). After a week or so, received a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how your worked as part of a team to resolve it?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I posted my resume online through the Ritz-Carlton website and have my fingers crossed for an interview. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like many of the other posts have said!

Interview Questions

• I have not had the opportunity to answer any questions for this company yet.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process is called STAR. It stand for Situation, Task, Action & Result. It's very specific and detailed. Not the easiest of processes, but seams to work well for this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your timing was off, and you were not able to win the business?   Answer Question