Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2017

SPA Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Las Vegas, NM) in April 2015.

Interview

3 Interviews. All conducted through Skype. Mostly behavioural questions were asked. It was not very very long, each interview session lasted about 20 minutes. They were one-way video interview sessions.

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

easy, normal behevior based questions. took about 30 days interviewed with manager, supervisor and director. first was a phone call from manager to set up interviews at hotel. short interview, comofrtable setting although 2 on one is a bit tough.

Interview Questions

• gve an example of a time you displayed excellent customer service   1 Answer

Club Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (New Orleans, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Smooth & Straight to the point.. It was not a very lengthy interview.. I'd already worked at a Ritz Carlton so the interviewer was really focused on the things I learned about the company and the culture.

Interview Questions

• Why was I the best fit for the position?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online, about a week later received a phone call and from that they scheduled an interview. Interview consisted of a panel of 3 which included the head of security, the head of house keeping and the Executive Assistant Manager (EAM).

Interview was predominately behavioral interview questions relating to customer service and why you want to work at The Ritz-Carlton.

At the end of the interview they said they were interviewing other individuals and if interested they would contact me back within the week. They called me back the very next day and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Banquets Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Very professional but still felt casual. Met outside the restaurant, as interviewee asked I answered and they wrote down everything. A lot of scenario questions, what have you done. Be confident and nice. They want nice people to work here, Is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• All about the customer experience and you being creative and genuine whenever helping a guest   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Accountant/Director of Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask you questions that have nothing to do with customer service or job at hand. They also paint this amazing picture about how the job will be and I have yet to see the bright side of this job. They also offer free trips that are IMPOSSIBLE to go on, and you pay for your own flight and food

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to travel around the world with the free trips we have?   1 Answer

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Easy and concise. One interview and was soon offered the position on the spot! Lots of basic behavioral and personality questions to see how you react under pressure and stress. They use the STAR method in which you are asked for a specific situation to demonstrate an action.

Interview Questions

• Why the Ritz Carlton and not any other hotel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Reservations Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (South Salt Lake, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Very easy. It's a call center. If you love being on the phone and don't care about your hours you'll be a perfect fit. Just know they have a huge turn over. I saw within one month 10 people who had been working there for 15+ years quit because of how they treat people directly related to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ritz Carlton   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

After submitting an application online you will be contacted by an outside recruiter. This person may or may not know anything about the property or the day to day needs for the job(beyond what they have been told)

The next steps involve questions about your experience where they will want a situation, how you handled it, and what the results were. You should be as detailed as possible and spend some time explain the final outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you planned something and it didn't go the way you expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay since i knew i was taking over a position that had originally been 2 separate jobs.

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process involved answering a rather lengthy online questionnaire which resulted in a phone call from the spa director. After meeting her for an interview, I then had to do a 30 minute hands-on demo with the lead therapist. I was called after a few days and offered the position. A background check and drug test were required via HR after I accepted.