Ritz-Carlton Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ritz-Carlton Server Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dana Point, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Dana Point, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very long interview with very odd difficult questions, Didn't even ask to tell them a little about myself. My advice is to be extremly prepared because they are very picky. Also there was like 8 other people being interviewed so make sure you stand out because its not easy to be picked.

Interview Questions

• What does luxury mean to you ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ritz-Carlton

Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Aspen, CO).

Interview

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in August 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews. I waited about 45 minutes each time for them to come interview or confront me. So don't think you will be out immediately. My first interview was the longer one asking about history and why I stand out. Just say how you love the ritz carlton and the marriott. You can even learn the credo before hand. Act like the ritz is your life and that you would love to make a career with them. My second interview was about 20 seconds she asked me who interviewed me and a couple of the same questions then offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating minimum plus tips

Server Interview

Interview

Phone interview for 15 minutes
    150 behavioral interview test
    1 In-person 30 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing that I recall was particularly difficult   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Naples, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty Simple and Straightforward-Online application, online test/assessment, a brief phone interview, and a face to face interview with 2 supervisors. Once they offer you the position, then it's a background check, drug test, and a three day extremely boring orientation process which tries to turn you into a Ritz Carlton robot.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about how you handled situations at your previous job-nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation-the pay is minimal and the tips are where you make your money.

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Greensboro, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

3 step process. Identify problem, explain solution, explain outcome. They expect you to go step by step and hit each point. Make sure you follow the above process with answering all questions. This was the problem, this was the solution, this was the outcome, and I learned that....

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Sarasota, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. I had to interview 4 times with upper management. Most of the interview questions were scenario based, i.e "Tell me about a time when you had a guest who was not satisfied, and what steps did you take to make their experience better".

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when your work did not reflect your best self, and what steps did you take to improve?"   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I have 6 interviews, each about 30- 40 min long. You meet with several managers in your department and others in the hotel, they basically see if your "ritz material" asking you standard questions and give me example questions, they want to see how you answer, wording is important to them, if you can talk outta your butt, youll have no issues getting in there!

Interview Questions

• They ask typical questions on what you would do in different situations.   1 Answer