Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2016

3.5

Meetings and Special Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview is in a STARs format, meaning you must provide the sitatuon, task, action, and response. If you do not provide a specific example, your answer won't be counted. Be as specific as possible, always show the result of what you did, and explain why you did it. Typically a panel interview, with the team that you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker   Answer Question
    • Q: Tell me about a time when you had too much to do, and not enough time to do it.   Answer Question

Corporate Thought Leadership Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Chevy Chase, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly corporate. Submit a resume, get a call about a month later with the HR dept for a phone screen. After that I was invited back for an interview with the Director, the VP, and another CTLD. It would have been nice to know that only the Director was going to be in the room with the other two on the phone but that didn't shake me much. The questions were pretty standard (how did you overcome conflict, how did you lead a team, how did you take initiative)

I got a call back a week later to meet with another member of the team. We had an ok discussion and I was given some homework to show my skills. I got a call a few weeks later from the HR guy to say that they were going to continue their search. My only complaint is that their reasoning was vague (they said I didn't have enough experience (in a particular field), even though I showed them no less then 3 improvements (in that field) they could make to increase their exposure). Clearly this was not the reason but because HR is always worried about being sued they come up with BS.

This is a good company and it was a job I was very interested in but frankly because they weren't honest about the reason why I wasn't chosen I'm going to cross them off of my shopping list too.

Interview Questions

• How would you grow SEO organically?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

easy

Interview Questions

• yes you an honest person rate your self 1 to ten   2 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Chevy Chase, MD) in January 2008.

Interview

I was impressed with the number of interviews coordinated (6) in a short period of time (1 week). The process was streamlined, efficient and was impressed with the interview schedule emailed to me prior to my arrival at the corporate office.

Interview Questions

• My most difficult interview was my interview with Talent +. Ritz-Carlton uses a third party vendor during the initial selection process. The interview is designed to measure your nature talents. Questions were thought provoking however, and none that I would have anticipated in advance. You can't study for it. I will not provide specifics as to not to risk the integrity of our current selection process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unfortunately, I did not negotiate. I was offered much more than what I was currenlty making at the time.