River Island Clothing Christmas Temp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

River Island Clothing Christmas Temp Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.2

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Got an email inviting me to a Recruitment Event, there were 6 of us and did ice breaker questions. Then we had to do a role player activity one was the customer and one was sales assistant and vice versa then back up to discuss contracts and any questions we had. Overall really enjoyable experience! Then got accepted and had my induction going through the whole job role and paperwork and start my first shift today!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a fun fact about yourself.   2 Answers
  • Tell me a time when you experienced good customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was done in a group, after the store had closed. There were about 15 of us all together. we all sat down in a circle and was introduce to the store manager and two other members of staff who were taking notes. we were asked to speak among ourself for a little while, this was done as a icebreaker. we were then asked one by one to introduce ourself, explain why we wanted to work for river island and what sweet or cake best described us.
    After everyone had done this, we had to take part in a role play activity. we were split up into pairs, one of us had to pretend to be the customer and the other the sales assistant. The customer had to pretend they were going to a event of of our choice. our partner then had to up sale a product/ outfit that would suit the occasion and our needs.

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stratford, London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

I attended a recruitment interview two days ago in Stratford and really enjoyed the experience as it was quite friendly and laid back. There was around 20 people in the room and we were asked to introduce everyone to the partner you were sat next to, explaining three interesting facts about them to the rest of the group. Two other things we did was create our own product or clothing to be launched within the store. We also did a role play where there was a sales assistant and a customer and a different scenario to act out with both a positive and negative outcome. Advice would be to stand out, they like confident people who don't hide in the background and who aren't afraid to be themselves. I accepted the job offer on the same day and am very excited to be part of the team over the Christmas period.

Interview Questions

• What product/item of clothing did you create?   1 Answer

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in November 2018.

Interview

Overall it was a really enjoyable experience, it was one of the most comfortable interviews I’ve done. We started the interview by introducing ourselves, we were then asked what we knew about river island and why we wanted to work there. For our main task we were each given a piece of paper describing a customer (all of them were different), we were then given a few minutes to walk around the store and put together an outfit. Once everyone was finished, one by one, we presented our outfits to the staff and the other interviewees. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed it and it made me want to work there even more

Interview Questions

• What do you know about river island?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for river island?   1 Answer

Christmas Temp Interview

Interview

Was an easy interview, only got asked one question, why we wanted to work for river island. It was a group interview, we also had to dress a celebrity. I think it was unfair, you just have to be the loudest and stand out.

Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in November 2017.

Interview

Group interview which was fairly casual. Everyone introduced themselves and said a little bit about them. Then group work involving writing down good examples of customer service and then why we want to work for River Island. Then another group task to create outfits for 2 celebrities and show what we’d picked and why.

Pretty straightforward and enjoyable interview.

Christmas Temp Interview

Interview

Was invited to a recruitment event. Got introduced by two managers, who made us feel at ease. Then we started with an icebreaker, then got in groups of 3 to discuss why we want to work for river island, after they we had to dress a celebrity in our groups, it was an easy interview however, I feel like they were just looking for the loudest people

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stonehaven, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stonehaven, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Handed in a CV on Wednesday and was called on Sunday night asking me to a group interview at 10am on the Monday. There were 10 of us there majority 17-20 years old dressed fairly casual and the operations manager for the store. Initially a few icebreakers; name and a fun fact then 2 truths and a lie. We then were put into pairs and had to take turns acting as the seller and customer, after about 10 minutes we went up in front up the group in pairs. I received a call later that day telling me I'd been successful, my induction date and my contracted hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for River Island?   1 Answer
    • Explain why you're wearing what you're wearing   1 Answer

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and two days later invited to an assesment day.

I got there and waited by the mens shoes for more people to show.

Then at 3 we started, I think we were in the staff lounge. First tasks was in groups to write what we knew about River Island.

Second task was to pick a celeb in our groups and an event they were going to. Then pick an outfit for them. We chose Will Smith (LOL)

Last task was to write the qualities of a stockroom assistant!

Got a call on my way home after the interview saying I got the job haha

Negotiation

N/A