River Island Clothing Christmas Temporary Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

River Island Clothing Christmas Temporary Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.3

Christmas Temporary Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gateshead, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Gateshead, England (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got an interview appointment a week later.
Group interview where we were asked to talk to each other to learn our personality.
Got a call a 2 weeks later to say I got the role.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Christmas Temporary Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stafford, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application, then received an email 2 days later which said my application had been shortlisted for the interview stage. Attended a recruitment event a week later.

The interview was group based with different activities you complete as pairs and then individually. In pairs you take it in turns to be the sales advisor and the customer. The 'customer' asks the 'sales advisor' for advice on clothing for themselves/family member/friend. The 'sales advisor must then choose an appropriate outfit for the 'customer'. You take it in turns to do this!

During the activity you may be observed by the interviewers or asked why you've chosen the outfit! There was then a second task where you're given a celebrity as an individual where you choose an occasion and an appropriate outfit. You then gather back as a group as justify why you've chosen the outfit.

After the tasks, everyone groups together to ask any final questions they may have about the job or job perks! (40% discount with a limit of around £150/£200 and a uniform allowance which is dependent on the hours you work, roughly £60 for 8 hours a week)! This may vary in different stores mind!

After a great interview with everyone, I received a phone call the next day with a job offer!

Christmas Temporary Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Sheffield, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was really good, the leadership team was very friendly and very kind. We were all asked to wait towards the back of the store and then we was taken into the staff room and was sat around a table and then was asked some ice breaking questions.

After the questions we did a role play, customer and assistant visa versa. We then had to go out onto the shop floor and choose one item of clothing and try and sell it to the interviewer.

We also had to choose two truths and one false statement and question each other to try and find out which statements were false.

Interview Questions

• Choose 3 statements, two which are true and one which is false   Answer Question