River Island Clothing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

River Island Clothing Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.3

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 15-20 people on the shop floor after business hours. It started with a store manager and two sales staff talking briefly about the company, then everyone was split into groups to do an exercise. We were given a card with a customer profile and had to select items from the store to suggest to the customer. We then got back into groups and gave reasons for our choices.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation where a customer was looking to buy a child's dress and shoes for an occasion.   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I got there early and was told that I could look around. We were met by the manager who was really nice, and then we went through the back and into a staffroom. The boys sat on boxes and the girls on chairs (there were 15 of us in total). We wrote our names, ages, numbers and availability on a piece of paper, and then the manager told us they were planning on moving to a bigger store. We all introduced ourselves and split into groups of 3 or 4. The manager asked us to discuss three questions in groups, and said she wasn't observing us on our answers but how we interacted with each other. Then she asked us what object from our wardrobes we would take with us in the case of a fire; people answered if they wanted to, and then the interview was over. We find out if we got the job or not the same day. I think, overall, it was a nice interview; the manager was really friendly and the questions weren't difficult in their nature. I think it was made difficult by the fact that there were 15 people and you weren't really tested on your knowledge of the store, past experience, etc. Since there were such a large group of people, it was difficult to know how to stand out which I think is a sentiment others on here have echoed.

Temporary Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Plymouth, England (UK)).

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied online (2nd June) then a couple days later I was asked to attend a recruitment event, which was about 2 weeks later (June 20th). When I've received my confirmation email about my interview, I made sure to read through it all as they tell you how to dress, which is dress the way you think represents River Island, they also tell you to bring proof of your right to work in the UK, you must bring it else you can't do the invterview. (Do NOT bring your drivers license, it won't count and you won't be able to proceed with the interview ether).
    Thankfully for me, there was only 5 of us, so the atmosphere was very calm and relaxed. We were all taken to the staff room, then asked to tick our availability (they definitely seem to prefer people with good availability). We then proceeded to do an icebreaker which was really chilled and funny! After that, we were put into groups of 2, then taken down to the shop floor to do a little game. In your pairs you were given an event e.g Festival, Date night, children's party. Then we were asked to pick an outfit and explain why we picked it, so it was pretty straight forward and very easy if you're into your fashion :) We then went back to the staff room, asked any questions that were on our mind and then it was done in less that 2hours (the interview can be up to 2hrs). We were then told we would here back by the end of the week, if you weren't successful you'd get an email and if you were successful you get a phone call from one of the managers, I was lucky enough to get a phone call yesterday offering me a job, although they did take longer than they said but if you don't mind waiting, it's worth it :)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for River Island?   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Met with the current paralegal and the Legal Counsel who were very friendly. They went through my resume and work experience and asked competence and technical questions about the role.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Waited around in store for an interview with a few other potential employees. After about 15 minutes we were individually brought into a room to interview one at a time.

The interview itself was ok, all very basic customer service role interview questions. However after this interview I never heard from them again. No phone call to say I did not get it, no email, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you believe you experienced good customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Interview process was easy, it was only 1 to 1 however manager did say it was meant to be a group interview and that she had no time for it. It took about 10 minutes and was really quick and easy questions

Digital Platform Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreditch, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Shoreditch, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

The process started with a 15min call with internal recruiter to chat about the role and my suitability. This was shortly followed by a face-to-face interview with hiring manager whilst enjoying a latte in their swanky new Shoreditch offices. Final stage was a panel interview with three people followed up by a verbal offer on the same day.
    It was a very pleasant and professional process ,

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest obstacle in achieving something I had discussed   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stirling, Scotland (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I seen advert on shop window , took application and returned it the same day (Friday) on the Monday I got a call asking me to call in the shop the Thursday afternoon ( Stirling,Scotland). I've just left now and it was a breeze. I literally spent days looking for advice especially on what to wear! I usually wear very formal to interviews but after looking on web everyone was advising casual so I went with it , i wore white adidas all stars (new so clean) denim skinny jeans from h n m & a river island pink/salmon Bardot too which o had bought the day I did the application so was still in store as "just arrived" also added a chocker and bag from RI. Only because I already had them ( go in store and look at what other staff wearing) nothing too formal I would advice. My interview was a one to pne which surprised me as from what I read i expected group/ when I got there and introduced myself she asked me to pick any full outfit from store . I went for black and white striped flare trouser with black crop top a detailed small clutch with matching small heel and studs , she asked to explain it I said I would wear for dinner and cocktails with friends or boyfriends also not to much for family event etc ,didn't choose much neck wear as accessories already was bold. I also said how I'd wear the items for more casual wear I.e with blazer etc. Definitely pick shoes and bag and appropriate jewellery;)
    DONT PANIC LIKE I HAVE DONE ALL WEEK JUST RELAX AND BESELF. I'm a chatty person anyway so when it come to the questions she was like you covered that covered that hahaha I will know if I get it next week

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to an recruitment event a few weeks later. The event consisted of about 10 people and the staff went round and asked us all three questions and that was the interview complete. I heard back 2 days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself to everyone and tell us one interesting fact   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for River Island?   1 Answer
    • Pick an item from the clothing rail and create a scenario in pairs about the clothing item.   Answer Question

Sales and Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on online and 20 mins later invited to a group interview. Basically got invited to a recruitment event on the Monday . There was 6 of us, and we each had to get up and say who our style crush was...i said mine was Gigi Hadid, We then had to get into a circle and give one thing we could bring to River Island...here I talked about fashion awareness and my knowledge of current trends. We then had to get into pairs and demonstrate (role-play)what is good customer service and what is bad customer service. After this we had a 1-1 where we had to state our availability. I then got called on the Friday and was offered the Job I will be attending the induction on Sunday.