River Island Clothing Xmas Temp (Shop Floor) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

River Island Clothing Xmas Temp (Shop Floor) Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

1.8

Xmas Temp (Shop Floor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Brighton, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Although the interview was a lot of fun, it was ineffectual and impersonal.
The interview was a group interview, and there were 15 of us. After a brief introduction we were divided into groups, and set two tasks. The first task included doing a short group presentation about the qualities a River Island employee should have. Each person said maybe 5-10 words each; not exactly the best way to assess somebody's personality. In the second activity each group was given a celebrity, and asked to select clothes for them from the store. This was difficult, as you were expected to come to a compete agreement with your group, but again, nobody got a chance to speak or respond individually to questions.
I don't think that I can imagine a more poor way of conducting an interview; each person barely said 20 words throughout the entire process, and nobody seemed to stand out or be particularly superior to the rest.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you think a River Island employee should have?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Xmas Temp (Shop Floor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took a couple of days. I was called for an interview, which was actually quite informal as you didn't have to wear anything formal and it was more of a group discussion than anything else. The staff were lovely and they just observed you as you did the customer-worker roleplay (which was quite odd). Overall, great interview. No need to be nervous at all.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you received great customer service.   1 Answer

Xmas Temp (Shop Floor) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darlington, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Darlington, North East England, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

There were 9 applicants including myself. We sat on chairs in the changing rooms and two managers introduced themselves and told us what river island is about "=(good fashion, affordable prices etc.) then as an icebreaker we took it in turns to introduce ourselves and talk about our best customer experience. Next we had to get iirs and tell each other why we wanted to work for river island while the managers took notes on what we said. After that we had to fill in sheets of avaliability whilst the manger asked us what kind of work experience we had. Finally, we were taken to the shop floor in pairs to do a role play of customer and sales assisant.

Interview Questions

• What was your best customer experience?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Xmas Temp (Shop Floor) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2016.

Interview

There was about 15 of us at the interview. We were taken to the shoe section where we all had to sit in a circle. The managers were really nice and just got us to introduce ourselves and tell them our age and our favorite hobby. Then we were put into pairs to talk about why we want to work in river island. They're mainly watching to see how you interact with people, not necessarily listening. Then we were put in to groups of 5/6 to put together an outfit for a girls night out. It's important to take charge here but also to listen to the advice of everyone else.Be detailed: pick shoes, jewellery, watches etc. Then we had to present the outfit to the managers and explain why we chose them. After that we did sales person role play, which I volunteered straightaway for. The whole interview is mainly about standing out, being loud and energetic, but not over the top. I got a call around 5 days later to say I got the job and I was delighted! Overall it was a very enjoyable interview, nothing to be too nervous about!