River Island Clothing Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

River Island Clothing Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.2

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Filled in online application, next day got an email to go to a recruitment event! Today I went to this event and although it was different to other interviews. There was a constant battle to get your voice heard. In a small room. With 26 people. I couldn't even work with the 'team' I was put into because they were shouting over what I had to say. Literally everyone was just shouting over each other. At this point I gave up.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found your friend shoplifting?

What would you do if your manager asked you for £50 from the till?
      Etc no Norma questions.
      Answer Question

Not had the feedback yet lol!

Sales Advisor Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

A recruitment event. Group of 10 of us all did a little intro. Then the next 2 exercises were to decide who got the job. First exercise the manager tried to listen to 10 of us talking over each other together about why we wanted to work there. Second exercise she put us in 2s to role-play customer and employee, but again tried to overhear 5 groups talking over one another rather than getting us to take it in turns. I have no idea how through this process she could pick someone for the job.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Online application asking about past experience and availability. Then contacted the same day asking to choose a convenient time for a group interview after which we were told that we would be contacted with the offer or not

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Basic interview: group of 20 people seated in rows inside the staff room. We were all asked to introduce ourselves and why we decided to wear our chosen outfit. Then we got into smaller groups and had to carry out a role play of the right and wrongs of customer service. Manager had then taken down our availability details and contact info to get in touch if we got the job. Four days later I got a call and found I got the job however it wasn't the hours I had applied for originally.

Christmas Temp - Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Leeds, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied first week of November, they got back to me first week of December despite the position was closed online. Ok so it was quite easy even thought it was my first ever proper job interview (I've never worked before at all). I was super prepared and this website actually really helped me to prepare and stuff :) got to the store was told to go to the shoes section on men's, waited for everyone (15 of us) to arrive then went to the staff room area for the group interview. we did an ice breaker but I had initiated conversation with everyone as we were waiting for others to join us on the shoe section before the interview anyway haha so the ice was already broken. Then we were taught about the 5 ways of working - river islands work ethic. Afterwards we got into pairs said why we wanted to work in river island (chatting amongst ourselves). Then finally we got into pairs and did two role play situations which was fairly easy. Then got given a sheet to write down when we are available (work starts 5am to 11pm). Wasn't intimidating and everyone got along. No typical questions were asked of us which I had already prepared for (obvs). Didn't ask us what sets us apart from eachother or what we can bring to the job etc. I've put on here that I was offered a job and accepted but I'm actually still waiting to hear from them, my interview was today they said they will call me by Thursday and if I havnt got the job that I won't hear from them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in December 2016.

Interview

When we got there we were told there was no weekend positions left. The interview was only 15 minutes long just asked when we can work and to tell them a little bit about ourselves. So pretty much the people who could work the most got the job

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

I applied online and didn't hear anything for about 2 weeks. i then checked my junk mail and i had an email inviting me to a group interview at the store i was applying for. When i arrived we had to wait outside in the freezing cold until they were 'ready'. There were 4 other people being interviewed, which took place on the shop floor. We were asked to get into pairs and perform two examples of good customer service. We were then told we would hear back by the Friday or Saturday after the interview (either by phonecall or email if declined) however I heard nothing back until the following Tuesday when i missed a call from a mobile number - and left no voicemail. I phoned back within the hour and the manager said she was phoning to offer me the job but when i didn't pick up she gave it to someone else. Not impressed, seeing as she had left it almost a week after she had said she would, to contact me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for River Island?
      Say three statements about yourself but one of them has to be a lie. (Then the rest of the applicants had to guess which was a lie)

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Cork (Ireland)) in November 2016.

Interview

​I applied online and was invited to an interview a week later. The online application is a simple and fast process, and the face-to-faceinterview itself wasn't longer than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• ​What customer service experience do you have?
      What do you know about RI and its brand?
      Why do you want to work for us?
      Tell me about a time when you had a challenging task and saw it through to the end.
      Tell me about a time when you worked successfully as a team.
      How would friends/previous employers describe you?
      Who are our main competitors (nearby)?

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Bristol, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

8 people groups of 2, inroduce our selfs and why we want work at river island. Pros and Cons of working there. Challenges of the job. Groups of 2 one person customer other newly sales Advisor. Must come up with a situation e.g. customer wants dress for party,,,,,, Rather Easy outgoing interview keys info of typical sales advisor bubbly and open

Interview Questions

• None just days of avialibality   1 Answer

Sales Advisor (Over Christmas) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Liverpool, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an email a couple day later saying that, I'd been selected to attend a Recruitment Event and to pick a time slot. Got another email confirming my time and all that stuff. Went for the interview, got there early and was told to wait in the shoes part of River Island, I was the only one there at first, but then other people turned up, the interview was meant to be at 6pm, but it ended up being at 6:10pm, and it was a group interview.

The interviewers (two managers I think) introduced themselves, and told us about the company and read out the WOW - Ways Of Working, we were asked only two interview question throughout the whole interview, one of them was Tell Us A Time When You Have Received Good Customer Service and then we were told to tell the person next to us Why Do You Want To Work For River Island, with the two managers listening to what everyone was saying while writing stuff down. Then they talked more about the company, we then had to fill out a sheet and tick the days when we were available, then we had a role play exercise, were we one had to be a sales assistant and one had to be the customer and then swap, that was okish I guess, although two of the girls there were really loud and annoying and went and got props (clothes, you were allowed to). They also told us that if we were successful we would get a phone call and if we were not we would get an email, I got an email 2 hours after saying I hadn't got the job.

So basically if your loud, show off, talk lots, you'll get the job, so it seems