River Island Clothing Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

River Island Clothing Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.3

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stirling, Scotland (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I seen advert on shop window , took application and returned it the same day (Friday) on the Monday I got a call asking me to call in the shop the Thursday afternoon ( Stirling,Scotland). I've just left now and it was a breeze. I literally spent days looking for advice especially on what to wear! I usually wear very formal to interviews but after looking on web everyone was advising casual so I went with it , i wore white adidas all stars (new so clean) denim skinny jeans from h n m & a river island pink/salmon Bardot too which o had bought the day I did the application so was still in store as "just arrived" also added a chocker and bag from RI. Only because I already had them ( go in store and look at what other staff wearing) nothing too formal I would advice. My interview was a one to pne which surprised me as from what I read i expected group/ when I got there and introduced myself she asked me to pick any full outfit from store . I went for black and white striped flare trouser with black crop top a detailed small clutch with matching small heel and studs , she asked to explain it I said I would wear for dinner and cocktails with friends or boyfriends also not to much for family event etc ,didn't choose much neck wear as accessories already was bold. I also said how I'd wear the items for more casual wear I.e with blazer etc. Definitely pick shoes and bag and appropriate jewellery;)
DONT PANIC LIKE I HAVE DONE ALL WEEK JUST RELAX AND BESELF. I'm a chatty person anyway so when it come to the questions she was like you covered that covered that hahaha I will know if I get it next week

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to an recruitment event a few weeks later. The event consisted of about 10 people and the staff went round and asked us all three questions and that was the interview complete. I heard back 2 days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself to everyone and tell us one interesting fact   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for River Island?   1 Answer
    • Pick an item from the clothing rail and create a scenario in pairs about the clothing item.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Waited around in store for an interview with a few other potential employees. After about 15 minutes we were individually brought into a room to interview one at a time.

The interview itself was ok, all very basic customer service role interview questions. However after this interview I never heard from them again. No phone call to say I did not get it, no email, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you believe you experienced good customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Got in contact with the manager through mutual friends, she offered to interview me after exchanging some emails. The interview was about 15 minutes long and the lady who interviewed me was lovely. I got a call back saying my interview was great but she couldn't hire me because they had no vacancies (aka she shouldn't have offered to interview me in the first place).

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenhithe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Greenhithe, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Group interview
    - self introduction
    - series of group activities such as role plays

was very relaxed, they like to see that you in a more on trend outfit if you are applying for a shop floor role. You need to be quite confident and make yourself known, don't shy away from being the staff member in role pay situations.

Overall It was a very productive interview, even if you not get offered a job at the end of it you take away what to expect from a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses
      What are your hobbies outside work
      What do you know about river island
      What do you think makes good customer service   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

first we gathered in the men's department and we all began to start talking to each other and then they took us into the staff room in which we went around the group and stood up and gave a little information about ourselves.

next we got in pairs and we had to write down what personal qualities we thought were needed for the job and we presented back to the group.

after we had the task to stay in the same pairs and go do role play, one played the customer and one played the sales assistant. we had to each help pick out an outfit for each other and then we presented what we had to the group and why we chose those outfits.

finally we wrote down our availability and the interview was over.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Milton Keynes, England (UK)).

Interview

Basically we did a group interview all about 26 people?
    So first what we had to say our names and one thing about us. THEN THAT WAS IT!!
    So basically all they did was judge us by the way we look. I was soooo angry. They could of all least ask more about us. And they seem like they where in a rush. Why make an interview when your busy?

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Group interview process with smaller group tasks, asked to feed back answers to whole group. Questions asked were to see how you would respond to different scenarios and problems faced while working in store. Quite simple questions but just need to make sure your voice is heard.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)).

Interview

applied online, got back to me after 2 months.
    they do a rolling basis of interviews when they need more assistants, so i was surprised when they called me in for an interview.
    group interview, role play (as a customer and a sales assistant, how would you go about helping them etc)

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I went into the interview with about 10 other people, we were then split into 2 groups. We had to answer general questions like "tell us about yourself" "why do you want to work here" "what would you give to RI". Then they made us perform role playing tasks on customer and assistant scenarios. Over all it was a good interview and the staff made you feel very relaxed.