River Island Clothing Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

River Island Clothing Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.3

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I handed my CV in person in the shop. I was phone some days later to arrange an interview for next Saturday (one week later). It was a group interview, we were girls and two boys. Easy interview, the manager spent a lot of time speaking about him so we could feel more comfortable. He said he wanted our personalities to come out. We were introducing ourselves and then doing a short role play in which one person was the sales assistant and the other the customer. After that, we had to fill in a paper with contact details, availability, personal details... That was everything! They said the would contact us with a call to say if we had got the job or not, but I havent been contacted.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Sales Assistant Interview

Interview

Informal group interview in store, with several other people asked a few questions, lasted around half an hour. There was no individual segment for the role. Was offered the job the next day.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Group interview about ten people only wish is 1-1 basis to sell yourself. Only few had experience in retail rest nothing. River island I think is based on looks not how I work

Interview Questions

• Best customer service
      Group work with a partner cutting things from a magazine to dress an outfit.
      Telling others about yourself   Answer Question
    • Any holidays
      Flexible hours what u could work etc   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 10 people. The interview was during the day so we got taken into a conference room. When we got there we were told the only contracts that were available were 8 and 9 hour despite the fact that jobs people had applied for were advertised at 25 - 30 hour contracts. I was furious at this. I currently have an 8 hour contracted job so wouldn't have applied for this store if I knew it was only 8 hours also. Very disappointing and unorganised of them. They asked us 3 questions then that was the interview over.
    When have you experienced good customer service?
    Why river island?
    What are the qualities of a sales assistant?
    We were told we would here within 2 days as to weather we got the job or not. You would get a call if you did or an email if you didn't.
    I didn't hear back till 8 days later.
    Unfortunately I didn't get the job but reflecting on this now I'm glad I didn't. If they have lied this much about things already and are this unorganised I would hate to see what it would have been like to work for them full time.
    When I asked for feedback from my interview and as to why I wasn't suitable for the job they pretty much told me they couldn't give any as it was a group interview and didn't know which one I was.
    Very disappointed for somewhere that's meant to be a respected store.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a group interview with about 12 other people around one large table. I personally found it quite intense as everyone listened to your answers and responses. Also sometimes people would have copied other people's responses.

Interview Questions

• The first question they asked was "Name a time you received good customer service", meaning you had to understand what makes good quality customer service and point this out   Answer Question
    • They also asked "Why do you want to work in River Island"   1 Answer
    • For the final part, they asked us to partner up with the person beside us to do a roleplay between a customer and staff member   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Sunderland, North East England, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email straight away to book an appointment for a recruitment event. There were around 8 of us there and we all sat around a table with 2 River Island managers. We started off with an ice breaker, going around the room and telling everyone a little bit about yourself. We then got to do a few activities, we teamed up in 2's and the first activity involved a piece of paper and writing down reasons to work for River Island / why RI? We then had to go around the room taking it in turns to tell everyone what we had written down. The second activity was fun. We were given a big pile of magazines and in our teams, we were told to choose a celebrity in the magazine, an occasion, and find something for them to wear for that occasion and why. After that they spoke a little bit about the store and that was it. The recruitment event lasted no longer than an hour. (Have a few questions prepared to ask, they like them)

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Limerick, Co. Limerick (Ireland)) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for an in-store group interview. The interview took about an hour and you were asked to preform tasks that you would do on a daily basis.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enniskillen, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Enniskillen, Northern Ireland (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

A group of 8 of us were taken into a conference room and sat around a table. We introduced our selves, then had to give an example of good customer service. We were then put into twos and we had to do a bit of role play, one as the customer and one as the sales assistant, then switch. We were then told about the role, when we would hear if we got the job or not and a bit about working at River Island.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stirling, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stirling, Scotland (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I seen advert on shop window , took application and returned it the same day (Friday) on the Monday I got a call asking me to call in the shop the Thursday afternoon ( Stirling,Scotland). I've just left now and it was a breeze. I literally spent days looking for advice especially on what to wear! I usually wear very formal to interviews but after looking on web everyone was advising casual so I went with it , i wore white adidas all stars (new so clean) denim skinny jeans from h n m & a river island pink/salmon Bardot too which o had bought the day I did the application so was still in store as "just arrived" also added a chocker and bag from RI. Only because I already had them ( go in store and look at what other staff wearing) nothing too formal I would advice. My interview was a one to pne which surprised me as from what I read i expected group/ when I got there and introduced myself she asked me to pick any full outfit from store . I went for black and white striped flare trouser with black crop top a detailed small clutch with matching small heel and studs , she asked to explain it I said I would wear for dinner and cocktails with friends or boyfriends also not to much for family event etc ,didn't choose much neck wear as accessories already was bold. I also said how I'd wear the items for more casual wear I.e with blazer etc. Definitely pick shoes and bag and appropriate jewellery;)
    DONT PANIC LIKE I HAVE DONE ALL WEEK JUST RELAX AND BESELF. I'm a chatty person anyway so when it come to the questions she was like you covered that covered that hahaha I will know if I get it next week

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to an recruitment event a few weeks later. The event consisted of about 10 people and the staff went round and asked us all three questions and that was the interview complete. I heard back 2 days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself to everyone and tell us one interesting fact   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for River Island?   1 Answer
    • Pick an item from the clothing rail and create a scenario in pairs about the clothing item.   Answer Question