River Island Clothing Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

River Island Clothing Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.3

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Waited around in store for an interview with a few other potential employees. After about 15 minutes we were individually brought into a room to interview one at a time.

The interview itself was ok, all very basic customer service role interview questions. However after this interview I never heard from them again. No phone call to say I did not get it, no email, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Give a time you believe you experienced good customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Thursday and booked a group interview slot later that day for the following Tuesday in which they asked us questions in groups and pulled us aside one at a time to find out what hours we were available. After the group interview I got a call for a one-on-one interview later in the week and was told around 4 others were also being interviewed. I was offered the job three days later.

Interview Questions

• (Group Interview) What is Cross-selling and Up-selling? How would you deal with a negative customer?   Answer Question
    • (1:1) Tell me what you know about River Island.   Answer Question
    • (1:1) How would your friends and past employers describe you?   Answer Question
    • (1:1) Give an example of a time you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question
    • (1:1) Give an example of a time you worked as part of a team.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Sheffield, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Took a month to get back to me.
    During the interview we played two truths and a lie and then worked with a partner to find out interesting facts about each other and present back to group. Super informal but don't know how they can assess you from games like that.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got invited for interview about 5 days later
    It was a group interview with 5 other girls and a store manager.
    we sat in the staff room and was asked to introduce ourself , answer 2 very basic questions each, along the lines of "why river island" and "what you hope to gain" and then take part in a role play then give positive and negative criticisms.

They asked one group to show how you'd deal with a costumer complaint as well as what is bad customer service. And my group had to give an example of up selling ( getting the customer to buy more) and how to find a customers personal style (ask the customer questions).

after that we were asked for our availability, and told we would be contacted later that day.
    I got a call the next day to come in for my induction.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the River Island website, got a confirmation email saying I had an interview 2 days later. I then had to chose an interview slot online for one of the following days. I showed up to store amongst a few other girls that were waiting for an interview. Then got called into the office where i was given a 1 to 1 interview with the manager of the store. My personal info was taken down and my CV was taken. The interview lasted around half an hour. I was told id get a call within the next 2 days specifying whether I'd gotten the job or not. 2 days later i was called confirming i had the job, and an induction day was scheduled for he following week

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the wear this outfit today?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something unique about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any experience in retail?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2017.

Interview

the interview took place at a recruitment event. there were approximately 40 people. We were split into 4 groups and had to introduce ourselves one by one. After doing so we were asked why we would like to work in river island.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for River Island   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Handed Cv into store. Got a call back asking for an interview, then went into the store a few days later for an interview with the manager. The interview was quite informal and chatty. I believe group interviews are usually done, however I just had a one-to-one interview due to timing issues however the same questions were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

the man taking us for the interview expressed that he didn't know what he was doing. we had been split into 2 group of five and were asked 'what do you know about RI'. after we fed back the interviewed told us that there was so much more we could've added, despite countless thing being said about the history and trends. then we were asked to .do a role play scenario of good customer service. then we gave our availability then left

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was sent an email saying I needed to book on to a time slot, there was only one slot available and when I emailed asking if any other slots would become available I received no response. I booked on anyway and went to the interview two days later. It was a group interview, which I feel is just a stupid way to see if you're qualified for the job, people just trying to appear louder then the other. I didn't get the job as I probably wasn't as showy as the other candidates. Ridiculous interview process not based on skill whatsoever

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

it was an interview with about 15 people we was asked to introduce ourselves to break the ice, we was put into groups of 5 and asked to write down what facts we know about river island and why we wanted to work for the company. After that we was saked to go on the shopfloor with our groups and pick out an outfit for a celebrity at the end they took down details and said they would be in touch