River Island Clothing Sales and Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

River Island Clothing Sales and Service Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.5

Sales and Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prestatyn, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Prestatyn, Wales (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview alongside 5 other females aged between 17-25.
We were asked to say our name, a little bit about ourselves and an interesting fact as an 'ice breaker'.
We then had to write down on a piece of paper the reasons why we wanted to work for River Island, this seemed a good thing to do yet we were only allowed to say 2 points from the paper out loud which seemed ridiculous!
Our next task was to partner up and try and 'sell' a specific piece of clothing, this seemed stupid as in a real life scenario a customer will ask for something specific, you wouldn't need to force them into buying a product!
The interview was too relaxed, unprofessional and conducted by two 18 year olds!!
We werent given a 1 on 1 in which you could present and speak about your actual relevant skills. Consider it an easy interview yet pointless as too many girls were shouting their opinions and thoughts so you couldn't get a word in edgeways. Also one of the candidates used unprofessional language, talked illly of their current company and swore frequently which I wouldn't find a
characteristic that should be used during an interview process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Sales and Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on online and 20 mins later invited to a group interview. Basically got invited to a recruitment event on the Monday . There was 6 of us, and we each had to get up and say who our style crush was...i said mine was Gigi Hadid, We then had to get into a circle and give one thing we could bring to River Island...here I talked about fashion awareness and my knowledge of current trends. We then had to get into pairs and demonstrate (role-play)what is good customer service and what is bad customer service. After this we had a 1-1 where we had to state our availability. I then got called on the Friday and was offered the Job I will be attending the induction on Sunday.

Sales and Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

30 minute interview, asked about current trends, personal likes in the fashion world and previous experience. Asked about different situations and scenarios and how i would handle them. Asked what I knew about the company and the history of River Island and what I liked most about them at the time, they had just launched the style insider campaign so I talked about that and how I liked that customers could track a look they had seen staff wear online.

Interview Questions

• To put an oufit together for a twenty something male going out for dinner from the current collection   Answer Question

Sales and Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied Online. They got back to me in two/three days. The interview was in the form of a group interview in store. This included role play of a bad and good customer service situation.