Riverbed Technology Interview Questions in Bracknell, England | Glassdoor

Riverbed Technology Interview Questions in Bracknell, England

Updated Feb 28, 2017

2.8

Escalation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Bracknell, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Conducted an initial telephone interview which went well and then proceeded to a technical second interview. Second interview was a technical grilling, it was difficult because they wanted very specific details about the TCP connection process. I would say it would be very difficult for anyone to do well unless you have done deep packet analysis. They asked what seemed like simple questions but they wanted very specific information, for example how your PC connects to a web server. I don't think any typical network engineer would necessarily want to work in this role unless you enjoy looking at PCAPs/logs every day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what a TCP push flag does?   1 Answer
    • Explain the steps how your PC connects to a web server on the internet.   1 Answer
    • Some vague questions around troubleshooting and telnetting to an application on the destination port.   1 Answer
    • Explain how a Riverbed Steelhead works.   1 Answer

Service Renewal Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Bracknell, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Skills and personal project based, looking for a hands-on and pro-active Team player.
    Personality seemed crucial as taking over from a third-party outsourced renewal company and building a team process from the ground up wasn't going to be an easy task.

Interview Questions

• Skills
      Career plan
      Team playing examples
      Customer satisfaction and extra-miles examples
      Sales and deal closing examples

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Bracknell, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

Long went through One HR interview Two Technical Interview One Manager Interview and One final interview rather discussion with Director this last interview was more like explanation about the company and the role and the various benefits that are provided at the company ..
    Also the role was discussed in detail ..

Interview Questions

• Layer 1 to Layer 7 related Questions
      TCP headers , Handshake all the basic networking questions for a technical role..

General Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Bracknell, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a generally logical process - discussion with recruiting, followed by telephone discussion with head of dept., followed by face-to-face discussion with head of department.

The interviews with recruiting were generally good, but the interviews with the head of department were strange. The questions were generally weak and it constantly felt as if information had to be pushed rather than requested. Perhaps this is the style, which is OK, but it seemed peculiar. No difficult questions at all.

My only criticism was the lack of communications throughout the process. Recruiting were not good at keeping me informed of the process, and in the end, just didn't bother calling to tell me that I was not selected for the position. I know that everybody is busy, but I feel that after taking the time to attend a F2F interview, it's rude not to get back to the candidate and give them feedback and conclusions.

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Bracknell, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

One of the most easiest interview I've ever come across which speaks for the poor job and the company itself. They pretend to be very technical and highly praise themselves looking for CCIE engineers. What a great bunch of jokers.

Interview Questions

• What is a VLAN
      Difference between TCP and UDP
      Common port numbers
      Active vs passive TCP
      etc

Senior Consultant, Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Bracknell, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

I had applied via job ad in LinkedIn in 2008. I was contacted by Riverbed HR and was subsequently interviewed by their Tech Lead in Professional Services based in the US. I had two more interviews, one from a Project Management perspective and another from HR perspective and then offered the position.