Riverbed Technology Interview Questions in Cambridge, MA | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Python Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Cambridge, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the job. Got a call after a week or so. Had a phone conversation with the hiring manager and was followed by in-person interview. Here is how it played out:

- Interviewer 1(duration: 45 mins):
    --General technical questions.
    -- Write a program to traverse through a directory

- Interviewer 2(duration: 40 mins):
    -- Write a program to store all visited urls given a base url
    -- Write a program to evaluate an expression and give result

- Interviewer 3(duration: 45 mins):
    -- Write a program to check for palindrome
    -- Data structure question

- Interviewer 4(duration: 40 mins):
    -- Reviewed the coding challenge submitted

- Interviewer 5(duration: 45 mins):
    -- Block diagram of an architecture
    -- How would you handle a person who doesn't want to listen to your suggestions
    -- How would you deal with conflicts with the team

I was disappointed with the Interviewer 2, he had requirements that are not easy to solve within the 30 min slot. Please ask reasonable questions per the time designated to you. Talking to him about the problem statement, it seemed like he was not someone who had computer science background, he could not understand what operands mean(in context of expressions)

The job posting was hiding a crucial info, that this is a API Developer job with little coding work, no sql involved and mainly a documentation job.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Cambridge, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

Got a call from internal recruiter for phone screen. He check my resume with QA manager and called me back the same day for in house interview with the QA manager and team. a week later.
    Had one-to-one with three QA engineers, manager and one developer. Developer had me review a piece of C code. The QA team focused on automation skills, the Manager looked for network and WAN problem solving skills. *** HR did not respond with feedback or my follow up to email ***

Interview Questions

• Events are sent from computer A on the LAN to Computer B on the WAN. A monitoring system is near B and on computer C on LAN are supposed to capture the events. How do you verify no events are missed?   1 Answer