Riverbed Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Riverbed Technology Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2018

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (New York, NY).

Interview

Hiring screener seemed nice, but very inexperienced and amateur at dealing with candidates. They left a voicemail without a last name and no email asking for screening times.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of technical questions and 15 minutes in it was apparent their system was different from the one they advertised online. I politely ended the interview.   1 Answer

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone screen and one onsite meeting with team members that asking technical questions; people are nice during this review period. However, you will finally be picking holes by one of Queens of the kingdom of Curry Republic. If you are a citizen of Curry Republic, you would be the lucky dog.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I went to a career fair at my university and I talked to riverbed. They asked me a few questions about my resume and the guy liked my enough to tell their recruiter to set up an interview for me. They set up an interview in a hotel lobby the next day and i was asked a couple coding questions and a few open ended questions about my experience in coding.

Interview Questions

• Some basic pointer question   1 Answer

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The technical people called on time, and gave one simple problem, I did not do it in the right way, and he lost patience, hanged up the phone quickly. And I got the rejection letter very quickly.

Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I had a terrible terrible experience interviewing for their SteelHead appliances team. I had a phone screen scheduled for 2 pm with one of the team's engineer. Till 2.15 pm nobody called. When I called the recruiter she had to ping the interviewer to check his availability again. The recruiter then said that interviewer will call me at 2.30 pm. I again waited for the call... The interviewer finally called me at 2.56 pm but by that time I ran out of patience so I asked him why he could not inform me about the delay and made me wait for the whole hour. And then he simply started arguing with me saying that he said sorry (which I know he did not mean). During our conversation the interviewer was calling me "Dude" (as if I was his roommate or buddy). Seriously guys... grow up!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Urbana, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I talked to recruiters at my University Engineering Career Fair and they offered me an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview was in the Union the next day and the dress was business casual. This interview was also one on one and the interviewer was an actual engineer.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of numbers, return the first number that occurs exactly twice   Answer Question
    • A directed graph of jobs is given. Job A point to Job B if Job B need Job A to complete first before Job B can start. Write an algorithm to execute all jobs in the graph   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

contacted by recruiter, then phone interview. Recruiter was nice. She worked very hard to find a match. Interview was well prepared. I got a little confused while implementing hashmap. i think they expect near prompt solutions

Interview Questions

• 1. difference b/w thread and process
      2. TCP vs UDP
      3. implement hashmap   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. The process was straight forward. If they think you might be a match, they will give you an interview. You will talk with a recruiter first about your experience. Then, you get a technical interview with a senior engineer.

Interview Questions

• What is diff between UDP and TCP, thread and process. When to use one over the other. Practice on regular hashtable, linkedlist questions.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff - User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an initial call with HR. I then had a call with hiring manager who also did a light tech screen. I went onsite for about 6 hours to meet the team, do some technical interviews, etc. Then there were two more "getting to know you" conversations on the phone with team members. Everyone was very nice and helpful and it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is a closure in javascript?   1 Answer
    • They asked various questions about CSS box model, selectors, specificity, etc.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interview

Initial call from HR explaining the process and position location.
    Technical interview after that. Interview was on Java, Multi Threaded Programming and C language basics. The process was just 2 rounds of phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• To write a program in Java, TCP/IP, Mutex, Java theory basics   Answer Question