Riverbed Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Riverbed Technology Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. The process was straight forward. If they think you might be a match, they will give you an interview. You will talk with a recruiter first about your experience. Then, you get a technical interview with a senior engineer.

Interview Questions

• What is diff between UDP and TCP, thread and process. When to use one over the other. Practice on regular hashtable, linkedlist questions.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff - User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an initial call with HR. I then had a call with hiring manager who also did a light tech screen. I went onsite for about 6 hours to meet the team, do some technical interviews, etc. Then there were two more "getting to know you" conversations on the phone with team members. Everyone was very nice and helpful and it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is a closure in javascript?   1 Answer
    • They asked various questions about CSS box model, selectors, specificity, etc.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interview

Initial call from HR explaining the process and position location.
    Technical interview after that. Interview was on Java, Multi Threaded Programming and C language basics. The process was just 2 rounds of phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• To write a program in Java, TCP/IP, Mutex, Java theory basics   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology in June 2016.

Interview

Round 1, HR phone screen for 20 mins, walk through the resume, introduce company and groups. Later sent me an email and asked me to rate myself on certain skills (e.g. C/C++, python, OS, networking, etc.)
    Technical phone interview round 2: copy a linked list with random pointers, I was required to use C/C++ to implement.
    Technical phone interview round 3: given a BST, find the minimum value difference.

Interview Questions

• 1. copy a linked list with random pointers, I was required to use C/C++ to implement.
      2. given a BST, find the minimum value difference.
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology in June 2016.

Interview

I got a call from an internal recruiter of Riverbed and after latest Resume submission, fixed a time for discussion with Technical person (hiring manager). He was asked for approximately 45 minutes of on phone call and have a computer with an internet connection available during the call.

Interview Questions

• What is CSS box pattern and transparency of individual?
      What is closure in JS asked few examples and one problem to solve?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First round, HR for 15 mins, pretty basic resume questions
    Second round, Technical Phone screen for 1 hr, some theory questions and programming questions
    Last, On-site interviews, 7-8 rounds 1 hr each, entire day, mostly programming questions

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: Implement string to integer function and Clone a Linked List with random pointer, OS questions
      On-site: Questions on Arrays, Linked lists and binary trees

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Good process, fairly straight forward, not too technical , office location is right in downtown SF commute sucks but company and otherwise is great. good people.

company is coming back with its lost vision and lost leadership. so good luck to them. the problem that they have is that the WAN optimization market is shrinking every year so they really have to be very innovative for customers to buy them.

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me what do you do
      2. what impact did you have
      3. are you good at writing

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick turn around from recruiter. Interview process was quick and tough. I was kept informed of the process and next steps. Recruiter was professional and knew the company very well. Hiring manager was short on time. However was professional.

Interview Questions

• What are you goals. Where have you succeed the most. How often do you talk to your manager. Why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Two phone screens, one all-day interview with tech writing department in San Francisco which included lunch. One-on-one with each of the team members. Looking for technical skill and experience. Got a lot of questions about what I'd worked on before, and my information-gathering style.

Interview Questions

• Asked about tools I'd used - FrameMaker, WebWorks. Asked about my skills and background, and work environment. Asked if I'd be OK to travel to San Francisco occasionally - at the start, it was once a week, but now it's less than that.   Answer Question

Senior Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the Sr. Director of Operations. Recruiter could not explain business called and rescheduled interviews twice. Second phone interviewer seemed annoyed and not interested in screening for position. She seemed disinterested from the beginning of the call. Could sense lack of interest from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment and some of the challenges you faced along the way.   Answer Question