Riverbed Technology Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

3.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

there were 5 interviews, all of them technical, including the manager interview. They tested my basic understanding of networks and systems and a bit of algorithms - this included coding as well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Riverbed Technology

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process. One phone screen asking general programming questions (string manipulation, basic algorithm/hashmap stuff), followed by an onsite interview that went into depth with more engineers and more programming questions. Interview varied from general java questions to more specific algorithm questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

The hiring process involves 2 phone screens each being highly technical. Once selected there is an onsite interview which consists of 5-7 technical rounds. The last round might be managerial assessing the culture fit to the team and the company.

The team I interviewed with was looking for systems programmers so C was the primary language and concepts in Operating Systems are thoroughly tested. I would suggest going through the 1st 5 chapters of UTLK book. Its an awesome book to read. It helped me get through multiple systems companies.

Also, expect to write lots and lots of whiteboard code in C/C++.

Interview Questions

• Given 2 linked lists sorted in ascending order, write a function that will merge these lists into a single sorted list without copying the list contents. The node structure is of the form:

struct Node {
          int value;
          struct Node *next;
      };   1 Answer

I had offers from other companies in systems area.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Then scheduled onsite interview. I received an interview schedule indicating who I would be talking to and at what times. Provided lunch.

Interview was well organized and interviewers had questions prepared ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about programming and more abstract problem solving questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone conversation with a Recruiter who pre-screened me (more so to understand my background and skill level) and sent a matching opening my way.
    Technical phone interview with an engineer. After a week onsite, where I was interviewed by 5 engineers (1:1). Good interview process with each one reserving last 10 minutes of their slots to answer questions from my side. Asking the right questions also helps in your interview.
    Took two weeks to get back on the results, which dint make sense, and no specific reason given for rejection (which was annoying).

Four months later I was contacted for a opening by another manager, who had the interview results and notes in his hands. He said the interview was positive, but the reason for rejection was because they thought I dint know C++, where as I had made it clear that I have worked with C all my life and know C++, but just no industry experience. Had I known this earlier, I could have interview in C++ for them, an additional round if needed. After my phone screen with this manager, he was baffled since I was more of a match for that team (configuration / app level), then his team (systems / driver level).

Interview Questions

• Question were related to my engineering and work back ground.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

They were pretty flexible and worked with my schedule. Arranged for a phone interview and a set of personal interviews within one days notice from my side as I was visiting Bay Area that time. They called me in another day for a second interview that consisted of interviewing by different set of people.

Interview Questions

• Interviews touched upon algorithms, data structures (tree, list, queue, stack importantly), programming, object oriented analysis, C/C++, general problem solving etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no scope for negotiation at all. Not even ready to concede even a single dollar more. My case was a bit different as I had no other offers in hand.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Friendly interviewers. All technical interviews, no HR. 2 phone and 7 in-person interviews. Focus on data structures, algorithms, systems knowledge, problem solving.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Tough. I only had one round of interviews with 6 people that were all highly technical and were not bounded by my experience. I was asked stuff that I haven't done since college.. They're looking for how you think here, not necessarily the wealth of information that you know.

Interview Questions

• Not doing this in a while, asking to balance a B+ tree was a pain for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. The recruiter made it as painless as possible, while looking out for my best interests.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Champaign, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

Descent. Had 6 rounds about 5 years ago when I joined the company. Lot of programming and networking questions

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interview

It was good. Two rounds of coding and another round of discussions on the design aspects. Coding ranged from writing code for problems on trees, bit operations, linked list and stacks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much to negotiate as the offer made seemed satisfactory.