Riverbed Technology Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Riverbed Technology Sales Engineer Interview Questions

3.6

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Referred by existing employee. Received call from recruiter within 10 minutes of sending resumé - very impressive. Multiple interviews stretched out over several months due to vacations, etc, mostly over the phone although hiring manager did meet with me twice when he was in town. All interviewers (manager, peers, tech screening, director) were friendly and sold the company well.

Interview Questions

• Late in the interview process was asked about some very new products that came out after I had done my initial product research. Wasn't an issue, but made me feel unprepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was very fair and generous from the beginning. Might have tried to negotiate vacation, but additional week comes pretty fast anyway.

Other Interview Reviews for Riverbed Technology

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

I had three interviews, two of which were technical. You need to know TCP communications well.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process may take a couple of months because you meet with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then peers, then the Regional Director.

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology in October 2011.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and did a general fit-based interview and quizzed me on my resume. I was then passed on to the hiring manager who was scheduled to call me the following day. We spoke for about an hour or so. That interview went very well, and centered on team fit, sales philosophy and some technical parts. I asked about the technical requirements as Riverbed is centered on networking, specifically application layer. The hiring manager asked me to explain some basic technical concepts and told me not to worry about the technical interview, and stated he was not looking for engineers, but wanted well rounded SALES engineers. We had a decent connection and agreed to have a technical interview a few days later with another SE and an in-person meeting. Fast forward to the technical interview. An SE who is a subordinate of the hiring manager gave me a call and immediately began getting "down and dirty" on the technical material. Things like "explain at a packet level what goes on in a http session, an SSL session, a proxy session, how passive vs. active FTP works among other questions. The interviewer than stated he had "at least 20 more related questions". I did not know most of these as these are very "I just finished up my CCNP" or "I have worked for Riverbed or a competitor." I then asked about what characteristics the top sales engineers have at Riverbed. The interviewer (who was an SE himself) went on about just technical characteristics. I immediately knew this was not the right company for me and we ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a full SSL session in as much detail as possible at the packet level.   1 Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (London, England (UK)) in October 2008.

Interview

Interview was conducted by the localteam/Manager and the VP of sales engineering