Riverbed Technology Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

3.1

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

call with Recruiter
    Call with hiring manager
    on-site, 1:1 30 min meetings with 4-6 people from various groups.
    This may be from IT, PM, Customer Support, Sales, Marketing etc.
    HR will call later on to do the negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Met them through a job fair originally in the Fall (late October), was immediately offered an interview the next day which involved a quick technical question and general resume overview.

Did not hear back from until a month later, after emailing them, stating due to waiting for budget confirmation, they cannot guarantee any positions. It was not until March they emailed me back to set up an technical interview. On the day of the phone technical interview, they never called. Had to resechedule; never cited a reason why they never did, but I can only assume they forgot. The rescheduled phone interview went through and they said I would hear back within the end of the week. I never heard back until I emailed them back almost 2 weeks later, essentially telling me I did not get the position

Interview Questions

• Given a valid BST, find the minimum value difference between any two nodes of the tree.   Answer Question

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The technical people called on time, and gave one simple problem, I did not do it in the right way, and he lost patience, hanged up the phone quickly. And I got the rejection letter very quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter. The process was straight forward. If they think you might be a match, they will give you an interview. You will talk with a recruiter first about your experience. Then, you get a technical interview with a senior engineer.

Interview Questions

• What is diff between UDP and TCP, thread and process. When to use one over the other. Practice on regular hashtable, linkedlist questions.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff - User Interface Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an initial call with HR. I then had a call with hiring manager who also did a light tech screen. I went onsite for about 6 hours to meet the team, do some technical interviews, etc. Then there were two more "getting to know you" conversations on the phone with team members. Everyone was very nice and helpful and it seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is a closure in javascript?   1 Answer
    • They asked various questions about CSS box model, selectors, specificity, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First round, HR for 15 mins, pretty basic resume questions
    Second round, Technical Phone screen for 1 hr, some theory questions and programming questions
    Last, On-site interviews, 7-8 rounds 1 hr each, entire day, mostly programming questions

Interview Questions

• Phone screen: Implement string to integer function and Clone a Linked List with random pointer, OS questions
      On-site: Questions on Arrays, Linked lists and binary trees   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Quick turn around from recruiter. Interview process was quick and tough. I was kept informed of the process and next steps. Recruiter was professional and knew the company very well. Hiring manager was short on time. However was professional.

Interview Questions

• What are you goals. Where have you succeed the most. How often do you talk to your manager. Why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Good process, fairly straight forward, not too technical , office location is right in downtown SF commute sucks but company and otherwise is great. good people.

company is coming back with its lost vision and lost leadership. so good luck to them. the problem that they have is that the WAN optimization market is shrinking every year so they really have to be very innovative for customers to buy them.

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me what do you do
      2. what impact did you have
      3. are you good at writing   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Two phone screens, one all-day interview with tech writing department in San Francisco which included lunch. One-on-one with each of the team members. Looking for technical skill and experience. Got a lot of questions about what I'd worked on before, and my information-gathering style.

Interview Questions

• Asked about tools I'd used - FrameMaker, WebWorks. Asked about my skills and background, and work environment. Asked if I'd be OK to travel to San Francisco occasionally - at the start, it was once a week, but now it's less than that.   Answer Question

Senior Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews, one with the recruiter and one with the Sr. Director of Operations. Recruiter could not explain business called and rescheduled interviews twice. Second phone interviewer seemed annoyed and not interested in screening for position. She seemed disinterested from the beginning of the call. Could sense lack of interest from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment and some of the challenges you faced along the way.   Answer Question