Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) Interview Questions

2.5

Cook I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

During the Interview I met with each room chef and sous chef. I was also interviewed by the Executive Chef of the establishment. Basic knowledge of culinary skills and experience was required.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly basic questions, nothing surprising or difficult. The turnaround from application submission to interview was very quick. Interviewer was professional and didn't ask any crazy curve-ball questions like some people enjoy doing during interviews.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy process with a panel interview. I felt as if it was more of a conversation than an interview. They made me comfortable and the process was very simple.

Interview Questions

• My experience with duties related to the job functions.   Answer Question

Rivers Casino Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Very easy. 2 interviews; one with HR then i one in the department you applied for. You go to HR first, if they want you, you then get an interview with the department you chose. They make fiinal decision. Then you have to get fingerprinted, do a 10 yr background test, and drug test. Then you are scheduled for new hire orientation which is 2 days. Process can take up to a week.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to become Rivers Casino Team Member?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations. You were told your pay.

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) in July 2015.

Interview

I wanted to give a warning to prospective employees: you have to go in the back and get checked in by security to go to second floor human resources. I took a side security door and had to be escorted out by security after my job interview. Slightly ironic. Otherwise a great facility.

Interview Questions

• The most troubling question was about whether there was a situation where I felt not in control.   1 Answer

Slots Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out. First interview the woman took notes on her computer, which took away from the interaction that I am used to. Next interview was about a month later and involved the Director/Manager, who was very friendly - but I never ended up working with him. (And never found out that he had resigned until months afterwards.)

Cocktail Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

I went in for an interview that felt somewhat casual. I dressed appropriately in formal business attire (dress shirt, sweater, knee length skirt and short heels). I met with someone in HR and I was asked what my strengths and weaknesses are. How I handled difficult customer service situations in the past. There are two four hour orientations covering a lot of policies and meeting with several different departments. There's a bunch of paperwork involved and they even put you through some quizzing. After you survive the two day orientation you have to return for drug screening and I.D. Issuing. Your picture is taken twice, one for your state issued casino I.D. And the second is for a general casino I.D. Just for accessing certain areas in the casino along with clocking in and out of work.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to name three top shelf liquors.   1 Answer

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Group interview includes a math test to weed out the weak links. They're looking for energetic people who have personalities. They ask typical questions like what you hope to get out of the job, where you see yourself in five years, that sort of thing. Just be honest, polite, and show some personality and you shouldn't have any issues. Screening is a swab test for those who are interested.

Table Games Supv Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

hired via phone interview after submitting online application

Interview Questions

• they say they believe customer is always first 80/20 rhis means 80% cust service 20%skill   1 Answer

Negotiation

almost nonexistant

Table Games Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Pretty standard as long a your good at math. training can take months