Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) Interview Questions

Interviews at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania)

2.5

Sort:

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Very easy process with a panel interview. I felt as if it was more of a conversation than an interview. They made me comfortable and the process was very simple.

Interview Questions

• My experience with duties related to the job functions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly basic questions, nothing surprising or difficult. The turnaround from application submission to interview was very quick. Interviewer was professional and didn't ask any crazy curve-ball questions like some people enjoy doing during interviews.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

Invasive pre-interview; the company has a computerized screening where they ask for all of your highly personal information and then store it all in their system with no option to delete your account. You answer 20-30 minutes worth of questions only to be told that you are not qualified. Had one phone interview here once; more informative than finding out about you and your qualifications for the position.

Interview Questions

• Not any difficult questions during this phone screening.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Math test and intense background check. The process was part of a job fair held by the casino. It was a 3-part process including a skills test, a questionnaire, and a 1-on-1 discussion

Interview Questions

• How I intended to be able to benefit the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Group interview includes a math test to weed out the weak links. They're looking for energetic people who have personalities. They ask typical questions like what you hope to get out of the job, where you see yourself in five years, that sort of thing. Just be honest, polite, and show some personality and you shouldn't have any issues. Screening is a swab test for those who are interested.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Pretty standard as long a your good at math. training can take months

Negotiation

Slots Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was very long and drawn out. First interview the woman took notes on her computer, which took away from the interaction that I am used to. Next interview was about a month later and involved the Director/Manager, who was very friendly - but I never ended up working with him. (And never found out that he had resigned until months afterwards.)

Dealer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Casino's are looking for dealers with good social skills. Interesting people, good conversationalists, happy faces. They will ask you what your hobbies are. The casino generally doesn't hire dealers who have anything theft related on their criminal record or any felonies. They also are wary of hiring people in deep debt. There is a oral swab drug test during the orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Its a gig, not a career.

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) in July 2015.

Interview

I wanted to give a warning to prospective employees: you have to go in the back and get checked in by security to go to second floor human resources. I took a side security door and had to be escorted out by security after my job interview. Slightly ironic. Otherwise a great facility.

Interview Questions

• The most troubling question was about whether there was a situation where I felt not in control.   1 Answer

Cook I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

During the Interview I met with each room chef and sous chef. I was also interviewed by the Executive Chef of the establishment. Basic knowledge of culinary skills and experience was required.