Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) Asian Chef Specialty, Sushi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) Asian Chef Specialty, Sushi Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Asian Chef Specialty, Sushi Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rivers Casino (Pennsylvania) (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

I sent an email to the ad. They responded with a phone call, basic questions then asked me to come in for an interview. I sat across from two room chefs, not the executive chefs and they asked a few more questions. Asked if i would participate in a skills test, i agreed. We set a date, i demo'd a few things and they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked me my best selling specialty rolls and what styles made up the more complex side of sushi.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate hard if you have any real experience to back up what skill you have. Especially if it's a specialty position. I was supposed to start as a cook3 for training and move up to specialty chef but the bumped me down a peg. I did it because i wanted the job but now that i see the inner-workings, I'd suggest letting them know you're worth the position you applied for and since that's what you just interviewed for that's what you deserve. Fight back against there "intro pay rates" it's bs.