Rivers Casino & Resort (New York) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rivers Casino & Resort (New York) Interview Questions

Interviews at Rivers Casino & Resort (New York)

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rivers Casino & Resort (New York)

Sort:

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rivers Casino & Resort (New York) (Schenectady, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied in the summer. Received a call late September for an interview. Met with both VP of the dept.and Director of the dept. in two separate interviews on two different days. Was invited to go to their job fair to observe. Was told I'd get a call a week after final interview. Never received a phone call so I left a voicemail with the VP to check on status. 3 weeks later no call back. Very unprofessional and rude. I see from other reviews on their sister sites this is their MO to not follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions like your strengths and weaknesses, where you want your career to go, etc.   1 Answer

Cocktail Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rivers Casino & Resort (New York) (Schenectady, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview. Had us split into teams and had to pick 3 songs that had to do with automobiles, picked random cards with questions to answer ("if you could be any color shirt, what color would you be?" was one of them). Felt a little unfair because the activities didn't relate to the job on any level other than seeing how we interact with other people. After an hour of activities like this they called applicants out of the room one by one to tell them if they were going be hired or not. They did not offer me a position and when I asked why they didn't chose me and if there was anything I could improve on for future interviews, I was literally only met with "I don't know". I thought the whole process was unprofessional and in no aspect (other than people skills) related to any other skills or qualifications each applicant had.

Interview Questions

• "What do you prefer, candy or flowers?"   1 Answer
    • What's one word that describes you, that starts with the first letter of your first name?   1 Answer
    • If you could fly, or have a million dollars, what would you choose?   1 Answer

Fountain Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rivers Casino & Resort (New York).

Interview

Group Interview with at least 3 managers in the room, Laid back and fun interview. They have you all leave and then invite you back into the room one at a time for one on one interviews with all of the managers.

Interview Questions

• What does Customer Service mean to you?   1 Answer

Fountain Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rivers Casino & Resort (New York) (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got a call back for a phone interview 2 days later, offered to come in for a group interview a week later. Group interview was very laid back and fun, they do activities, then they brek your group up and interview you in front of a panel of managers for your given department 1 at a time. Then they let you know at the end of you 1:3 that you got the job or what youd be best for or if you didnt get the job. Get the job, do background check, have toget finger printed. Then you start the training whenever the bext training classes start took about 3 weeks total.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rivers Casino & Resort (New York) (Schenectady, NY).

Interview

Was directed to security as the intern was filled. Was unsure of the position and the reason I was directed to something completely different than what applied to causing me to not understand the process

Interview Questions

• What I thought security intailed   1 Answer