Road Runner Sports Roaming Territory Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Roaming Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Road Runner Sports (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

The position I interviewed for was to cover the West Coast Territory. The interview was a group interview, including sales tactics, management style, as well as sales technique. Overall, a simple first interview. I have an outside sales background, and had been a project manager stationed in Houston. I had mentioned to the recruiter that for both interviews that I would be flying in just for the interview, then heading back out.

the second interview is where I take offense to their practices. The company does not have locations in Houston, and would i would only be able to fly in for 1 day, as my current job had little room for me to not be on site. They asked if i had been into their stores yet. i answered no, I had been in Houston since the last meeting, but would make sure that I was able to get into one before I left. The interviewer said "No need. I thought you were smarter than that. Have a good day." I asked if they had a store in TX, he said no. "you should have been to one here."

I will admit, if time had permitted, i should have been into the store, however, their appeal in me was that I was road-tested and able to be removed from my family for months on end. I was insulted by the level of disrespect the interviewer showed me.

Interview Questions