Robert Bosch India Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Robert Bosch India Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hubli (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India (Hubli (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Bosch had come for Campus recruitment. The written test was based on adaptive test AMCAT. The aptitude and technical questions were fairly easy if you are thorough with basics of core subjects like DBMS, C, C++, N/wing and OS. The programming round went on for 60 mins and the level of a bit tough.

Coming to Technical Interview, they were mainly focusing on the projects which we had worked on. Asked many questions about the project and went on digging. Also, there were some questions on technical which are answerable again if you gone through the basics. Here, confidence plays a big role.

HR round went on for about 15 - 20 mins where in they asked me about my future plans, thoughts about higher studies. Also, my parents background was asked. There you need to make sure you don't give away your chance by lying or making things up. Because they definitely catch hold of any lies you say.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India (Coimbatore (India)).

Interview

The process had 3 rounds. First a written test containing aptitude,C output and electronics.
    Next Wed technical interview.
    Then a hr round.
    The written test was conducted at my college.
    But the interview process happened at Coimbatore at their office at Chilsez.

Interview Questions

• One of the question asked was a puzzle in my tech interview.
      A person has 10 bags each bag containing 10 pearls and each pearl weighs 10g.
      Nowa burglar steals a bag and replaces with a fake bag of pearls with each pearl weighing 10g but number of pearls still remaining 10.
      The person doesn't which is the correct bag.
      He can use a digital weighing scale but it can be only used once. Find a way to find the fake bag??   2 Answers
    • Then questions about opamp   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coimbatore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India (Coimbatore (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was an aptitude plus technical test for 1 hr. It consisted of qns from C programming(geeksforgeeks will help), pointers output qns. basic dbms queries, and also from DSA.
    Second round was a Technical interview. I was asked only basic C programming questions since i m from a cs background. Also asked to explain my project. My interviewer was a very friendly person.
    Then next round was HR interview, Which was more of like a discussion.

Interview Questions

• 1.Write a program to convert uppercase to lowercase.
      2.Write programs using recursion.
      3.Define pointer to pointer.
      4.Difference between structure and union.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took two days. First day was aptitude plus core questions mcq round. The questions from aptitude were simple, and the basic electronics and telecommunication questions on mosfet, bjt, signals and systems were asked. Luckily I cleared this round.
    The second day was a technical + HR interview rounds.

Interview Questions

• HR questions ranged from would you like to go for higher studies and what do you know about bosch and are you okay with Bangalore and Coimbatore.
      Technical round varied. There were a lot of situational questions to test how i would behave in a team. Project explanation questions.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India.

Interview

They had two panels. One for the electronics students and the other for IT, and the procedure was bit different for both of them. Their written exam had their core concepts while ours had ours like CN, OS, C++ output questions and even microprocessors.
    I am a Computer Science student, They were looking mainly for C++ engineers, but in Tech PI they asked questions from all C, C++, Data Structures, Operating System.

Interview Questions

• 1. Different questions on C++ object oriented concepts.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

1 technical
    1 hr round
    online test consisted of 25 (aptitude,logical,verbal) questions and 25 technical(c,ds,os,cn,sql) questions , time allotted was 1 hr , negative marking of 0.25 ,
    technical questions were usually basics of all the mentioned subjects,
    few micro controller questions were also there.

out of some 600 appeared 105 went to next round.

after few days we had our interview,
    both technical and hr on same day.

technical round

questions based on my resume,
    few programms based on languages i had mentioned in my resume,
    oops concept (inheritance,polymorphism,encapsulation),
    simple sql queries,
    few basic c programs and data structures related codes,
    puzzles

interviewer was very friendly, he kept asking me non technical questions in between
    at the end of interview he gave me the form to fill which meant that i had cleared the technical round

hr round
    standard questions asked:

talk about yourself for 2 minutes
    why bosch?
    why should we hire you?
    what will make you stay in company for 3 years?
    mention any 3 qualities not written in resume
    which project in your resume is close to your heart
    any questions for me?

the result was announced later that day
    34 people selected.

Interview Questions

• why bosch?
      why should we hire you?
      what will make you stay in company for 3 years?
      mention any 3 qualities not written in resume
      which project in your resume is close to your heart
      any questions for me?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India (Kolkata (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of three rounds.
    1. Online Technical and Aptitude Test
    2. Technical Interview
    3. Personal Interview.
    All three rounds are elimination rounds.

The questions for the online test were divided into 2 categories- technical and general aptitude.
    One needs to score well in both the sections to get selected for the next round. The technical questions were from basics concepts about Operational Amplifiers, transistors, simple C programs, Circuit Theory, R-L-C circuits,microprocessors and micro controllers etc.
    The general aptitude questions were however relatively, easier to answer.

The technical interview round is the most difficult to crack. The average time per candidate can range from 20mins-45mins. The interviewers are friendly and ask basic questions about micro-controllers and microprocessors, transistors, circuit theory and simple C programs. Once you successfully complete this round, they provide you with a form, where in you are asked to fill in your personal details.

The personal interview round is generally short.

N.B. They take special interest in your final year project. One must be fully aware of the concepts and working principles of their final year project.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions:

1. What are the differences b/w micro controllers and micro processors? What are their typical uses?
      2. What do you know about power transistors and how do they differ from normal transistors?
      3. What are the factors on which the power consumption of a circuit depends?
      4. Write a C program to swap two values without using a third variable.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liluah (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India (Liluah (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

After qualifying the MCQ round which consist both Technical and Aptitude questions. The interview was held in two stages:
    technical interview consist of questions from class 11-12 standard to advanced semiconductor devices. microprocessors, analog electronics and computer programming questions was also asked
    HR interview consist of questions about the company which field i would like to work and basic other HR questions.
    Technical Round was tough and it continued for about 1-1.5hours.

Interview Questions

• For eg. question was asked about pointer and function, and questions about projectiles A/D converter etc.?   1 Answer
    • Design an A/D converter whose range is 1024V and have to measure a voltage of 2600V?   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India (Jalandhar, Punjab (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

firstly ,they will conduct the online exam they will filter the exam is based on your domains.If your cse then they will give questions related to c pointers if you belong to ece
    then questions on edc,analog electronics are given,
    then next they will conduct the technical your basics should be very clear.The interview may take long upto 1hr to 45 min
    then finally they will conduct HR interview
    in this way the selection process take place......

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch India in September 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of an online test which tests you on basics of C, microprocessor, networks, operating systems. After the test interviews were held at their office. There were two rounds of interviews. First, a technical one in which I was asked few questions based on my CV and then there was an HR interview which was very easy.

Interview Questions

• HR Question: why did you choose to study in (my college name) college?   Answer Question