Robert Bosch LLC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Farmington Hills, MI) in April 2018.

Interview

There were three steps to my interview process. The first was a phone call asking standard questions with HR. The second was a meeting with my hiring manager and another specialist, asking questions mainly from my resume and experience. The third was an in person interview which consisted of about five technical questions including a hand written coding problem on the whiteboard. The overall hiring process took about a month.
    The technical questions were fairly straightforward and open ended. It's difficult to get them wrong, it's more about how the questions are approached and how natural the response is.

Interview Questions

• Mathematical coding problem in any programming language   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview

1) Career fair at university - spoke to a recruiter and was told that I would be recommended if I apply online
    2) Applied online; Phone interview was scheduled which lasted <30 minutes and was with a technical manager. Questions were all about my resume with a few technical (relating to resume) questions thrown in.
    3) Was invited for an onsite interview, about 45 minutes, with the same tech manager and the lead software engineer. Went over the resume again, in great detail, answered semi-technical questions relating to previous experience/classes and had a nice chat about the field into which I was applying.

Received offer soon after. Overall process took 2 weeks. Accepted Offer.

In summary, very very smooth processes with nice people.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview

Applied online and received an initial screening application with a bunch of behavioral questions. After that, I received a finance case to be done in three days. Upon passing that stage, I was invited to the final stage, where I had to present the finance case to two panels. After lunch, I had two more interviews - one with a director and one with a VP. I received an offer the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Plymouth, MI) in February 2009.

Interview

It was smooth but HR did not negotiate at all....They are very shrewd when it comes to money

Interview Questions

• Atomic structure of the tire and how it generates its braking/tractive forces   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable at the time because of falling auto industry

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They emailed me to ask my availability for a phone interview. I replied with a time and date they can contact me and the supervisor called me. After asking me about my school schedule, he sent me an email containing programming problems that I have to answer within a specified time limit. I sent my answers back and waited for him to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Create an algorithm with a given complexity, based on a specific problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was easy and quick since I didn't have a work experience (related to this field) at the time of the interview, so I just accepted it without asking/changing their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, which went for 15 mins. Then an onsite interview. People were very rude. Made me wait for 2 hrs. Then a panel interview. Mostly HR related questions. Very few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Write a function in C which can accept arbitrary input.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Farmington Hills, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process (arranged chronologically):
    1. Phone interview with HR (non-technical)
    2. Phone interview with immediate boss (technical)
    3. Phone interview with senior colleague (technical)
    4. On-site interview with immediate boss (technical)
    5. On-site interview with senior colleague (technical)

Interview Questions

• How to you envision the automotive domain changing in the coming years?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Plymouth, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

30 minute Preliminary phone interview. 1 hour in person interview. Most questions about experience and classes I have taken. I did have to get up to the board and do some simple C++ coding with structs using the dot operator and for loops.

Interview Questions

• Explain your resume.   1 Answer
    • Explain a time where you had a conflict while working in a group and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question
    • What are you looking to get out of Bosch?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Farmington Hills, MI) in November 2013.

Interview

I found the opening position on a career services website my schools offers. I applied through the website and I also sent an email to the contact person on the job posting letting them know a bit about myself and that I have applied through the website. I also asked what are the next steps I should take. They called be a week or two after asked for a sit-down interview. I was interviewed the first time in November. They asked me questions regarding my skills/experiences. Then they told me the tasks I would be doing if I was hired and asked me what skills I have to prove that I'm a good candidate for the tasks. Then they asked me programming questions and what I am (or not) able to do. I haven't heard from them for about two months afterwards even though I sent them a follow up email thanking them for the interview. After the two months, I emailed the interviewer again asking for the status of the position. The day after I sent the email, they contacted me asked for a second interview. They pretty much gave me a second chance at which I was offered the intern position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is the zero-zero when working with Autodesk Inventor or Catia?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about embedded systems?   Answer Question
    • Come up with a solution to this problem using C and C++.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

This was at a Loyola Career Fair where Bosch had a table and was recruiting. There were plenty of company representatives and each had mini interviews with each prospective student. I submitted my resume and was told I would hear back from them shortly. I have yet to hear back yet.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding resume and what I wanted to do in the future.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC (Troy, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through college, a week later filled the application form and the next day i had a interview. The HR interview is being conducted by Vice president of Logistics in north america. Interview was just Behavioral type.

Interview Questions

• What are the Biggest Challenge you have ever taken ?   1 Answer
    • How can you handle various approach various cross functional group simultaneously ?   Answer Question